Chelsea vs City Post Match Thread

No complaints here, we were/are dog shit, City tore us apart.

10 home defeats with still two games to go v the top two, possibly 12 home defeats only a year after being League Champions, shocking & self inflicted.

10 home defeats with still two games to go v the top two, possibly 12 home defeats only a year after being League Champions, shocking & self inflicted.
Good to see a Chelsea fan on here. What, in your opinion, has happened? I honestly thought Mourinho would stay for a few years and you'd be unstoppable - well, until Guardiola arrived anyway!

The main job is to help the team perform and IMO he does that better than most
When Aguero tracks back and help out the defence, it helps the team perform too. But is that what we judge him upon? Of course not, we judge him on how many goals he scored. If we were to get Bale, do we judge him on how good he tracks back? I'm sure we would judge him on his crosses and goalscoring opportunities. Same must be said of Navas. Goalkeepers prevent goals. Defenders defend. Midfielders control the ball. Forward scores goal. Wingers deliver crosses.

When Aguero tracks back and help out the defence, it helps the team perform too. But is that what we judge him upon? Of course not, we judge him on how many goals he scored. If we were to get Bale, do we judge him on how good he tracks back? I'm sure we would judge him on his crosses and goalscoring opportunities. Same must be said of Navas. Goalkeepers prevent goals. Defenders defend. Midfielders control the ball. Forward scores goal. Wingers deliver crosses.

If that's your view on him, fine, we disagree. We are a much stronger and balanced team with Navas playing IMO.

You made the same mistake as we did in 2014 after winning the league... you didn't strengthen by going out and buying a couple of world class players

I thought you'd struggle to retain the prem league cos of this, but didn't expect you to struggle anywhere near as much as you have

He made a valid point,Nasri made an awful challenge and it can be described as a cowards challenge imo,he also has form for similar.Incidents as such are why many supporters will never take to him.

It was a challenge with the outside of his foot not a great challenge I admit, but my point was Nasri has been very good since his return and the teams performance has been totally different so why people have to find a negative about it is beyond me. I also appreciate you don't rate Nasri neither does Fat fair do,s

I think a lot of your issues go back to the Eva cock up (pardon the pun) by Mourinho, he had no need for any of that, and it upset the whole apple cart, from which you never recovered. Off field stuff like that can really hurt, and while Hiddink has certainly improved results, the underlying issues are still there. When we beat you 3-0 early season, everyone thought we'd run away with it, but persistent injuries have seriously hurt us, and our manager has also cost us, not with upsetting everyone, but by being belligerent with tactics, regularly playing the wrong side in the wrong games, but also our players have hurt us too, being complacent in a number of games. Our result away at Leicester was good in the context of the season, but we shouldn't have lost at home to them, yet when you look at their results they have only lost 3 games, and have a better away record than home.

You've only lost 2 more than our (pretty poor record of) 9 defeats, yet are 16 points behind, but looking at the table in general there are some very strange numbers, such as Newcastle having lost the same number of home games as us both, yet away have lost more than anyone else. Meanwhile Palace have lost twice as many home games as away games (so much for their fantastic atmosphere lifting them at home).

A very strange season.

Had to laugh yesterday at the game.

I was in the lower tier to the right, really close to the away fans, there was a grey haired fella in their end, probably early 50's getting really upset at the City fans just after we went 0-2 up, singing 'worst fucking champions ever seen' so I laughed at hm to which he shouted 'You are shit as well and you'd be NOTHING without the Sheikh's money!' Cue everybody doubling up in fits of laughter in our section, don't think he looked our way for the rest of the game!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.