Chelsea Vs Villa

Lambert has a talent for taking a team that is total shit and making them play decently. His Norwich and Villa teams have been two of the worst teams in the division on paper. It would be interesting to see what he could do with a good team.

GHoddle said:
Lambert has a talent for taking a team that is total shit and making them play decently. His Norwich and Villa teams have been two of the worst teams in the division on paper. It would be interesting to see what he could do with a good team.

Totally agree, i firmly believe he's a great manager in the making.

berniethebusman said:
GHoddle said:

Totally agree, i firmly believe he's a great manager in the making.
Mourinho said the same after the match.

jimharri said:
Just saw Ivanovic's elbow; how the fuck did he get away with that? And I presume that, because he was booked, there'll be no further action.

Ivanovic is a dirty bastard IMHO.

Remember his potential leg-breaking tackle on Kolarov in the Community Shield last season?

Stoned Rose said:
Blueband Brother said:
The Media.

Somehow they have managed to convince the masses that Chelsea are in the title race when there have not been any evidence in the past 2 years to suggest that.

The Media.

You don't think Chelsea will be in title race?

No, I don't, its going to be a two horse race between us and utd.

Marvin said:
You had 70% possession but it was possession that Villa allowed you to have. Delph totally dominated your midfield winning all the 50 50s and doing a lot more besides. I didn't think he had that in him
So when we played Barca last year and they had 72% possession, but we did pretty much exactly what Villa did to us with Ramires playing a blinder. Would you say Ramires bossed Xavi and co and we "allowed" them that 72%? No because that'd be ridiculous. We had no say in it, Barca were taking that 72% regardless of what we did about it. Barca completely dominated us and we just endured the siege. I agree he played well at breaking up our attacks (like Ramires did to Barca), but bossed he did not. Nor did they allow us anything.

They conceded possession because they couldn't compete with us in midfield. If they had tried to we'd have routed them comfortably. We're technically far superior. But they were very disciplined and their forwards are dangerous. They'll cause a lot of teams problems this season if they play like that.

I don't think Lampard and Terry will play against United. Terry will if Luiz is unfit, but Lampard isn't suited to our midfield. Ramires and MVG is a different prospect entirely. Lampard tends to leave Ramires to handle everything by himself as he makes his forays forward which really unbalances us. MVG transformed the entire look of our midfield in preseason and cameos so far. It's sacrilegious to say this on a Chelsea forum, but we can't be starting either of them regularly this season if we want to compete. Lamps is 35 now and I believe it's time to stand aside. He still has something to offer, but I don't like the idea of making him a weekly starter.

Vienna_70 said:
jimharri said:
Just saw Ivanovic's elbow; how the fuck did he get away with that? And I presume that, because he was booked, there'll be no further action.

Ivanovic is a dirty bastard IMHO.

Remember his potential leg-breaking tackle on Kolarov in the Community Shield last season?

That's surprising. Considering they are pretty good mates. Might be unintentional

jared said:
That's surprising. Considering they are pretty good mates. Might be unintentional
Aleksandar-Kolarov.jpg

Maybe one of those mates you secretly hate.

I only saw the second half, but Chelsea's lack of width seemed to hinder them in breaking down a well-organised Villa defence, much like our own narrowness did on many occasions last season. All the play was happening in front of Villa's defence and they generally coped with it very comfortably. It's these kind of games that the Rags are best equipped to deal with; constant balls into the box, defenders facing their own goals, tons of pressure.

Lukaku looked a marked improvement over Ba (and Torres), but I still think you'd benefit from another forward option. Evidently Mourinho feels the same. Should be interesting to see how you line up in Trafford Borough next week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.