Chelsea Vs Villa

Castiel said:
Twice now Lukaku has come on and drastically improved us. He needs to start against United. We have no outlet otherwise.

Jose is very clever as you know. He's got 3 forwards. One of them scored a hat trick against the rags not that long ago. When he starts on Monday neither Ba nor Torres will be able to complain considering they've both had a start in the first two league games.

Blueband Brother said:
The Media.

Somehow they have managed to convince the masses that Chelsea are in the title race when there have not been any evidence in the past 2 years to suggest that.

The Media.

You don't think Chelsea will be in title race?

Stoned Rose said:
Blueband Brother said:
The Media.

Somehow they have managed to convince the masses that Chelsea are in the title race when there have not been any evidence in the past 2 years to suggest that.

The Media.

They will be, but the issues from last year have not been addressed and it seems Mourinho maybe creating new ones. If United can sign a midfielder and keep Rio, Vidic and RVP then I think they will be the strongest competition for City. However, City look like the strongest and most balanced team in Europe. At the moment at least it really likes your league title.

supercrystal7 said:
Stoned Rose said:
Blueband Brother said:
The Media.

The Media.

They will be, but the issues from last year have not been addressed and it seems Mourinho maybe creating new ones. If United can sign a midfielder and keep Rio, Vidic and RVP then I think they will be the strongest competition for City. However, City look like the strongest and most balanced team in Europe. At the moment at least it really likes your league title.
A sentence I never thought I would ever ever read from a non-City fan.

It's fucking odd.

Stoned Rose said:
Blueband Brother said:
The Media.

The Media.

Having seen their first two games, you have to ask the question as they were so far off last season. They look way short at the moment.

Terry and Lampard are still playing. Cole is getting on and doesn't get forward at all now. Whilst the centre-forward position is still weak. And Schurrle is no hazard.

On the plus side for CFC they won those games despite being less than impressive, and Mata is still short of fitness and they have Luiz to come in too. Plus Mourinho says they have a Plan A, B and C for a striker

Castiel said:
BillyShears said:
Castiel said:
Still 3 points from a tough gritty game.

All that matters. Thought you were lucky. The red card meh, but the pen nailed on. Without a better forward than your current options be tough for you to finish above us.

Classic Jose though. His teams get it done by hook or by crook.
We were lucky but Villa did get the rub of the green against Arsenal and we had a second penalty turned down against Hull. I gave up worrying over refereeing after Barca 2009. What happens, happens. No denying that we played poorly after the first 20 minutes or so, but playing poorly and winning is important. Last year we probably would have lost this game.

Surprised some think our midfield was "bossed" considering we had 70% possession. Villa's strengths were a resolute defence and the ability of their forwards to work with very little service.

Twice now Lukaku has come on and drastically improved us. He needs to start against United. We have no outlet otherwise.

I thought Lukaku was shite when he came on personally, he's not Benteke - Your midfield was bossed, its what Villa did without the ball that made it difficult for you lot.

PL Refs still under instructions to protect the big TV earners i see. Maybe we'll see some of the same on Sunday?

Castiel said:
BillyShears said:
Castiel said:
Still 3 points from a tough gritty game.

All that matters. Thought you were lucky. The red card meh, but the pen nailed on. Without a better forward than your current options be tough for you to finish above us.

Classic Jose though. His teams get it done by hook or by crook.
We were lucky but Villa did get the rub of the green against Arsenal and we had a second penalty turned down against Hull. I gave up worrying over refereeing after Barca 2009. What happens, happens. No denying that we played poorly after the first 20 minutes or so, but playing poorly and winning is important. Last year we probably would have lost this game.

Surprised some think our midfield was "bossed" considering we had 70% possession. Villa's strengths were a resolute defence and the ability of their forwards to work with very little service.

You had 70% possession but it was possession that Villa allowed you to have. Delph totally dominated your midfield winning all the 50 50s and doing a lot more besides. I didn't think he had that in him

Lukaku I think will be used as an impact sub. He's got power, and when defenders are tired and the game gets stretched he can over power defenders one on one. Not convinced he's good enough though. Sounds like Mourinho will buy, but it's not obvious who he can get.

Good Luck v Utd on Monday. That will be a very different type of game. The one part of your game that I'd worry about versus Utd is pace at the back. RVP, Welbeck, and Hernandez are all quick nimble forwards, and Terry, Ivanovic and Cahill are supreme in the air, but struggle on the ground? Luiz is the answer. A bit like City when Kompany is out. Suddenly our defence looks vulnerable.

I'd take a scruffy win at home against Villa. They are very very good at counter-attacking. Top goal from benteke too.

Gutted for Villa, was rooting for them as they clearly put in a tonne of effort and were the better side. Bad day for football when referees have these sort of games, and is quite frankly embarrassing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.