Cheltenham Town (A) | Post-Match Thread

I'm not going to quote it, but there's a few people on here who can't get over the fact that Foden is a kid from Stockport and enjoys wearing sportswear and has a line in his eyebrow. They want to call him a scally or townie or whatever. Do they not know that a) sportswear is fashionable right now? And b) Foden wears some of his city stuff when he's out and about, that's how much he's a fan. It's wild to me that people are upset by any of that.

I'm not going to quote it, but there's a few people on here who can't get over the fact that Foden is a kid from Stockport and enjoys wearing sportswear and has a line in his eyebrow. They want to call him a scally or townie or whatever. Do they not know that a) sportswear is fashionable right now? And b) Foden wears some of his city stuff when he's out and about, that's how much he's a fan. It's wild to me that people are upset by any of that.
I haven't seen anyone,let alone a 'few',criticise him for such.

Thing is, Pep has handled him brilliantly.

There is a standard he requires, there is a standard he can accept, then there is a standard he reserves for only those players he knows cannot be sold short.

When you have worked with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, Pep knows when your natural ability is from a different sphere.

Txiki worded him up, Pep was able to recognise it, but Foden is so lucky to have a manager who doesn't suffer fools, who knows what it takes to take the greats to the top.

Phil can be a true great. One day we could be speaking about a generational talent who can win England another World Cup and City a couple of Champions League titles.

And all from a skinny lad from Stockport who just wanted to play for City.

He can live out the dreams of thousands of Blues.

Stay away from the birds and booze, get yourself some proper Italian suits, ditch that horrendous wardrobe of scally shite and everything else will take care of itself.
I haven't heard any of the idiots in the media saying that Phil should go out on loan recently.

Many years ago Paul Lake came to our club and mentioned that City had an excellent young prospect from Stockport who they were nuturing carefully. He wouldn't give his name as he was only 13 and quite small and they were bringing him on at the right speed for the right reasons.
Lakey was dead right.
Seven years ago, then?

;-)

Nothing but admiration for Phil Foden. Great talent and not even at his prime yet! God knows what he will be like then...Captain of England and much much more...Keep going our kid

Just re-watched the the BT highlights. Despite the gulf in class on paper it can't have been easy for the lads. Cheltenham were playing like it was their last game ever. They gave everything. That goal line clearance from mendy was sensational. Thought Phil was great throughout with some superb eye of the needle passing. He's really coming of age and starting to show his incredible talent. Cancelo played well too. A little praise for Jesus :) that take down for his goal was sublime and the finish was emphatic. We need to see more of that because he's undoubtedly world class.

Seven years ago, then?
A
;-)
I think so. My maths have always been dodgy and my memory gets that way at times.
Oakiecokie might remember being a sprig of a lad. On t'other hand oakie might ask who Paul Lake is;)

Marhez along with Mendy and Garcia is a shirt thief.
If you are going to make nonsense remarks, at least spell names correctly. My problem with Mendy is that that almost every pass he made was backwards and very rarely did he even try to beat his man. Worried that neither Mahrez nor Torres could beat a League 2 defender on a run.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.