Chinese Consortium invests $400m in CFG

How very dare he ! His Excellency Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak is always in Manchester, unless he's putting together multi million dollar deals that swamp the rags and other little clubs !!
I also noticed the irony of that statement. Is the raggy wanting him to stay here so he's not doing deals in Asia, south America etc..

Khaldoon's been slacking, whats happening in India and South America ?

I keep seeing South America mentioned as a possible place for us to set up another City team, I just don't see it happening whatsoever.

If you read Ferran's book he actually talks about possible expansion teams around the world. They did a feasibility study with Barca, they were on the verge of signing for a team in Miami but pulled out.

He says the potential areas for expansion teams are the US and Asia. Both areas have a new and hugely growing appetite for football, a very young football culture, and are areas with huge disposable income, particularly US, Japan and China.

He specifically mentions Europe and South America are not potential territories for a new team because the football culture is so developed and mature that people have attachments to local teams going back generations. Populations in these areas wouldn't simply take to a franchise model. Also South America is nowhere near as developed economically as other areas, so it would increase the risk further.

"As those inside the China deal were quick to point out, the latest development at Manchester City is not about buying Lionel Messi or even attracting Pep Guardiola. It is bigger than that. Seriously. Much bigger. This is the game changer."
and not even a mention on the main BBC evening news, Chelsea is their hot headline - an extra 18,000 capacity in three years time if they get planning."

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.