Chinese Consortium invests $400m in CFG

image_zpsppcq0ktv.jpeg

Ikkle City... now more valuable than Bayern Munich and less than £200m behind Real Madrid and roughly £100m behind Barcelona. Oh my!

At the risk of looking like a total pillock again, I always thought that a billion in the UK was a million million.
Over here, and in the states it is a thousand million. So, 2 billion pounds would be a fuck load more than 4 billion dollars. No?

No. 2 billion English pounds is 3 billion US dollars give or take a few nickels depending on daily fluctuations in the exchange rate.

image_zpsppcq0ktv.jpeg

Ikkle City... now more valuable than Bayern Munich and less than £200m behind Real Madrid and roughly £100m behind Barcelona. Oh my!

Bet Eddie Phillips still wishes he had the souvenir shop.

The article by Samuel really is amazing. Sheikh Mansour operates on a level than Gill and co can't even comprehend.

I keep seeing South America mentioned as a possible place for us to set up another City team, I just don't see it happening whatsoever.

If you read Ferran's book he actually talks about possible expansion teams around the world. They did a feasibility study with Barca, they were on the verge of signing for a team in Miami but pulled out.

He says the potential areas for expansion teams are the US and Asia. Both areas have a new and hugely growing appetite for football, a very young football culture, and are areas with huge disposable income, particularly US, Japan and China.

He specifically mentions Europe and South America are not potential territories for a new team because the football culture is so developed and mature that people have attachments to local teams going back generations. Populations in these areas wouldn't simply take to a franchise model. Also South America is nowhere near as developed economically as other areas, so it would increase the risk further.

Absolutely pots of money in South America.

I still can't come to terms with how amazing the people running our club are, even after several years to adjust! Ferran Soriano's vision, his ability to think in ways that nobody else is thinking, to do things in ground-breaking ways, always seeing the big picture... it can't be commended enough. We're so lucky to have him. And then there's Sheikh Mansour. While most owners of football clubs are talking to other clubs, ours is negotiating with entire fucking countries and their governments. I could cry I really could. The way they have transformed City, it's just unbelievable. And I've not even mentioned the likes of Chairman Khaldoon, Tom Glick etc. What a fantastic senior management team we have! The bewildering thing is this will not be the last time they leave the footballing world for dead in revolutionary ways!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.