Chinese OSCs, Shenzhen Blues + Sun Jihai + Shenzhen Peng City FC

I think so

We are a football club not a brand but Soriano thinks we are both. Pre-season should be about preparing for the new season and getting that ground work done that prevents injuries. Even if you were the marketing man, you'd find it much easier to market a successful club than one that falls just short because its best players spent the season injured.
all football clubs are brands that run a money basis they have done since the formation of the game 150 years ago ,

I think so

We are a football club not a brand but Soriano thinks we are both. Pre-season should be about preparing for the new season and getting that ground work done that prevents injuries. Even if you were the marketing man, you'd find it much easier to market a successful club than one that falls just short because its best players spent the season injured.

Pre-season isn't really about preventing injuries. Yes, it's about getting players back to the point where they can run a third of a marathon every three days, but it's only peripherally about avoiding injuries. If playing a pre-season in far-flung countries directly led to having an injury-ridden season you wouldn't see teams like Bournemouth and Palace, who both had "traditional", home-based pre-seasons, topping the injury list like they are.

Pre-season tours have plenty of problems, but I don't think we can blame them for players getting injured.

City v United 25th July
K.o. 8pm local time - Beijing

City v Dortmund 28th July
K.o. 8pm local time - Shenzhen

With Pep as manager the media interest will be massive.

I wonder which players will be in the squad given players resting from the European Championship, or will they be available then?

I'd like to see some of the youngsters given an outing. Jack Byrne, Maffeo, Denayer, Angelino, the two Garcias come to mind. Brahim Diaz, or is it too soon? Any others?

City v United 25th July
K.o. 8pm local time - Beijing

City v Dortmund 28th July
K.o. 8pm local time - Shenzhen

With Pep as manager the media interest will be massive.

I wonder which players will be in the squad given players resting from the European Championship, or will they be available then?

I'd like to see some of the youngsters given an outing. Jack Byrne, Maffeo, Denayer, Angelino, the two Garcias come to mind. Brahim Diaz, or is it too soon? Any others?

All of the players who play in the Euros, according to FIFA rules, have to be given either 3 or 4 (I can't remember which) weeks of break after their final games, so it's highly unlikely that any player who takes part in the Euros will even bother coming to China. Additionally, the South American players will be competing in the Copa America so we won't have half of them either.

In all likelihood, half of our team there will be EDS players.

Thanks for useful info

All of the players who play in the Euros, according to FIFA rules, have to be given either 3 or 4 (I can't remember which) weeks of break after their final games, so it's highly unlikely that any player who takes part in the Euros will even bother coming to China. Additionally, the South American players will be competing in the Copa America so we won't have half of them either.

I haven't posted on here for about 7 years but I was interested in this thread as I've been living in China for the past 4 years.

I live in Inner Mongolia (China) and flights from Hohhot to Beijing are anywhere from £9-£60.

As mentioned before Sanlitun is a good area for boozing! People singing in the bars with moderately priced booze.

The Great Leap Forward brewery is a good option for people who like craft beers and great food! There are several located around Beijing. I personally feel the best one is near Dongsishitiao (one stop before the aforementioned Dongzhimen). I went to the Blue Frog on my way back from Hong Kong and Mongolia. Good place. It is a shame the Den has closed though.

The advice from the chaps previously is sound as any. Beijing can be grim but has a lot of things to do. Using the subway is extremely easy. Tickets can start at 20p.

If you jump into a taxi, make sure they put the meter on. Sometimes they'll ask for upfront payment which is 5 times the actual fare.

The Silk market is always nice to visit if you want some 'legit' clobber. Can find a bargain or 2 in there.

Anyway, for the people thinking about heading over, you'll have a great time! Jealous I can't make it!

It depends when they exit the competition. Get to the final and it's touch and go if they will be available for the start of the season proper never mind China. There is far too much football these days in terms of player burnout at least. Moving forward you will probably see larger squads and player interchange in matches. The purists won't like it but with the current pace of the game it seems inevitable. Also you may see a move towards a six year cycle. That will mean WC/Euros every six years rather than 4. But we will see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.