Chris Bailey - a disgrace!

DontLookBackInAnger said:
psut1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
How the fook does Robinho warrant a mark of five in his MEN ratings today.

I'm starting to become right pissed off at the amount of people who have it in for Robbie in recent weeks and there now appears to be a real agenda to force this boy out.

People need to start asking themselves why the 'buzz' word is to stick the knife into him at every opportunity.

Yesterday, I really felt for him, he ran himself into the ground and tracked back and covered Zab time and again.

It's clear he was desperate to get on the scoresheet and I would suggest he is trying TOO hard at the mo.

Chris Bailey and other papers this morn again questioned his desire, one thing definitely on show on Sunday.

This is a young kid who has scored 12 goals in his first season - three goals behind Ronaldo (who scored six in his first year) in the most physical league in the world.

Robbie doesn't exactly possess the frame (yet) to totally compete and make the progression he wants more than anyone else.

The only thing which I can see being thrown at him is his price tag - something out of his control - as are his wages. Nobody can say he hasn't proved a better buy than Berbatov.

I finally cracked yesterday when a guy behind spent the entire game laying in to him - telling him he was shit ' the worst player ever to pull on a blue shirt'

Anyone who thinks the fans of Manure, Chelsea, Liverpool, media, are slagging him off because they can see he is holding poor old City back and just want the best for us are deluded.

It is done because Robbie being at City has put noses out of joint and he reprsents our challenge to the old guard.

Now I fear a significant minority of blues are also deluded.

Ask themselves how we will be perceived by others (included those in media who already take delight in doing us down) if Robbie is forced out - and to other players we are trying to sign.

Little old City, not big enough to keep a player like Robinho etc etc.

I told him to shut it and realise how lucky he was to see such a world class talent in a City shirt - Brazil's number ten - and how he'd rather have Ricky Holden running down the wing like the good old days.

Imagine what Robbie will be like when he has seriously good players around him.

In a Manure, or any other top four team, he'd have had 20 goals already.

All I hope is my fellow blues will put an arm around this kid, before it's too late to realise how much of a good thing we were actually on to.

On the bbc where fans vote he got 4.47

I like the lad he just infuriates me when he looks like he does'nt give a fuck

If he didn't give a fuck he wouldn't have taken the penalty.

IMHO the way he took that pen showed he coudn't care less

psut1 said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
psut1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
How the fook does Robinho warrant a mark of five in his MEN ratings today.

I'm starting to become right pissed off at the amount of people who have it in for Robbie in recent weeks and there now appears to be a real agenda to force this boy out.

People need to start asking themselves why the 'buzz' word is to stick the knife into him at every opportunity.

Yesterday, I really felt for him, he ran himself into the ground and tracked back and covered Zab time and again.

It's clear he was desperate to get on the scoresheet and I would suggest he is trying TOO hard at the mo.

Chris Bailey and other papers this morn again questioned his desire, one thing definitely on show on Sunday.

This is a young kid who has scored 12 goals in his first season - three goals behind Ronaldo (who scored six in his first year) in the most physical league in the world.

Robbie doesn't exactly possess the frame (yet) to totally compete and make the progression he wants more than anyone else.

The only thing which I can see being thrown at him is his price tag - something out of his control - as are his wages. Nobody can say he hasn't proved a better buy than Berbatov.

I finally cracked yesterday when a guy behind spent the entire game laying in to him - telling him he was shit ' the worst player ever to pull on a blue shirt'

Anyone who thinks the fans of Manure, Chelsea, Liverpool, media, are slagging him off because they can see he is holding poor old City back and just want the best for us are deluded.

It is done because Robbie being at City has put noses out of joint and he reprsents our challenge to the old guard.

Now I fear a significant minority of blues are also deluded.

Ask themselves how we will be perceived by others (included those in media who already take delight in doing us down) if Robbie is forced out - and to other players we are trying to sign.

Little old City, not big enough to keep a player like Robinho etc etc.

I told him to shut it and realise how lucky he was to see such a world class talent in a City shirt - Brazil's number ten - and how he'd rather have Ricky Holden running down the wing like the good old days.

Imagine what Robbie will be like when he has seriously good players around him.

In a Manure, or any other top four team, he'd have had 20 goals already.

All I hope is my fellow blues will put an arm around this kid, before it's too late to realise how much of a good thing we were actually on to.

On the bbc where fans vote he got 4.47

I like the lad he just infuriates me when he looks like he does'nt give a fuck

If he didn't give a fuck he wouldn't have taken the penalty.

Bollocks.

psut1 said:

That's bollocks but I don't doubt a lot of blues feel that way. His penalty just showed how lacking in confidence he is

he had the balls to stand up and take it, all he needs is a goal and he will be back on form, and its up to us to send out positive vibes to him not negative ones,

mcfc said:
he had the balls to stand up and take it, all he needs is a goal and he will be back on form, and its up to us to send out positive vibes to him not negative ones,
spot on fella,back him dont berate him he is a CITY player ffs

I can't believe anybody is trying to defend his performance yesterday because he was shocking,and 5/10 is all he deserves.

When we play Arsenal away next and Ireland comes back in it would be an outrage If Elano is the one to make way not Robinho.We should play the same way as we did against Villa with Stevie on the left helping the fullback out,with Bellamy upfront though obviously.

il padrino said:
judge Robinho on his performances, not his reputation.
i think some people are still getting 8=========D over him simply because they like the idea of having a 'world class' player
at City
the reality is he has failed to show up when the pressure is on. he doesnt win games; thats what defines world class players, not the amount of stepovers you can do without actually beating the defend

and its silly to compare his first season with Ronaldo's; Ronaldo scored 6 in his first season, but as an 18 year old, playing abroad for the first time
Robinho is an experienced 25 year old, on about 16 times a week what Ronaldo was at the time

and no before you start im not a 'rag' simply a city fan who also has an open mind and appreciates good football

He turned up in the lasy minute against Blackburn when the pressure was on. He scored a hat trick against stoke, so he won that game. I say he won us the Arsenal game too.

Fuckin Goon sat behind me yesterday slagged Robby off all day yesterday in the end i told him to shut the fuck up he then started shouting he's crap and you know he is. I pointed out to him that as regular at City for 45+ years i was quite well trained in spotting crap But Robinho is not in that bracket he is just a player low in confidence and fuckwits like him werent helping. Neeedless to say we didnt shake hands at the final whistle

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Chris Bailey isn't a disgrace for giving Robbie a 5, Robbie was pretty poor yesterday IMO

I agree with the general point you're making though

He is when he gave Bellamy a six!

Maybe Chris Bailey is part of the agenda? Who knows what issue, if any, the manager may have with the player. For the local reporter to side so heavily/easily with the national press, concerns me.

I've said before, to me, Robbie appears a more than convenient scapegoat for the manager and poor results at different stages of this season.

Maybe the manager would rather the player wasn't around for various reasons?

I thought Robbie was excellent yesterday, apart from as I said, trying too hard to get a goal.

I'd love someone to get the Opta stats from yesterday, apart from De Jong and Richards, I'd guess he covered more metres than anyone else.

Mark Hughes sticks up for Robby time and again, including in today's papers. I suppose it suits your agenda to try and blame Hughes for feeding negative stuff to our local reporter about him?

Robby's performance was about a 6 yesterday, no more than that IMO. Like you I think its a disgrace that he or anyone else should be singled out for our away displays and for people to boo him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.