Chris Kamara

He's a top bloke, genuinely a nice guy. He signed for our expat team in Tenerife a good few years ago and would play the odd game with his sons when they were over.
Had some belting nights with him.
Wish him all the best.

It's nothing to do with the weight of the ball, it's the velocity of it.

Balls these days travel much faster so the impact is worse than the old balls of yesteryear.
Not saying you’re wrong mate, but from experience of both, I know which one I’d prefer heading :-)

Anyway, I wish Kammy all the best, found him a really likeable and down to earth person.

Yes but it’s acceleration. As in the rate of change of velocity as opposed to the velocity itself

If the velocity stays the same then the force stays the same

Sure but they’re obviously linked. It doesn’t factor in distance, drag, wind, rain, thickness of skull etc.

I wasn’t trying to suggest it was the perfect equation to solve the heading issue, it was to show that a ball half the weight would have to accelerate at twice the rate to create the same force.

The ball needs twice the velocity to cause the same force on impact if the ball weighs half as much, ceteris paribus. It doesn't need to be accelerating at all.

It is the head that accelerates backwards as a result of the force on impact. Which is the issue, of course.

Shutting up.

The ball needs twice the velocity to cause the same force on impact if the ball weighs half as much, ceteris paribus. It doesn't need to be accelerating at all.

It is the head that accelerates backwards as a result of the force on impact. Which is the issue, of course.
it's a bit too simplistic that mate. A football travelling at say 70 mph has the same momentum as a cruise liner doing about 0.0000001 mph. Clearly the latter wouldn't snap your head back very much, would it.

it's a bit too simplistic that mate. A football travelling at say 70 mph has the same momentum as a cruise liner doing about 0.0000001 mph. Clearly the latter wouldn't snap your head back very much, would it.

:) Well you are right, of course, which is why I said ceteris paribus. We were talking about the weight of a football and how fast it was going. All other factors being the same.

I wouldn't recommend trying to head a cruise liner for a number of reasons :)

Glad to say my sensitivities (& grammar) have improved since I started this thread! All the best Kammy, a top man who deserves a healthy life.

Feel for him as he is one hell of a bloke . Met him many times over the years and is so down earth. Hope he recovers .

Very rare to see someone in football, especially a pundit, so universally loved. Wishing him all the best.

Come on Kammy lad! You're better than being ill fella. Pull though, give us a smile and a laugh.

Get well soon kid!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.