Christian Eriksen

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
Cityisland said:
Quotes attributed to him today saying hed like to join us. Dont know if its new. Cant post link at mo. Its on the metro website via newsnow.

It does worry me when a player such as Eriksen comes out with us an PSG as clubs that interest him, does he just want a big pay day? would he play for us if we offered 80k a week?

I think his current salary is below 50k a week, so 80k a week is not bad offer at all.

sam-caddick said:
It does worry me when a player such as Eriksen comes out with us an PSG as clubs that interest him, does he just want a big pay day? would he play for us if we offered 80k a week?
No, he was simply asked wether he would join the likes of City or PSG, which he answered by saying: "why not? all that matters is that i have a good feeling about the club

Wouldn't surprise me if Eriksen is being touted around Europe at the moment. Viktor Fischer is impressing at the moment and Ajax of course love promoting youth and banking 20m for Eriksen whilst having Fischer ready to step into his position makes financial sense.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...stian-Eriksen-interested-Manchester-City.html

'If I could play for clubs like Manchester City and PSG – why not? For me it is important that I have a good feeling at the club,' Eriksen told Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad.

Options: The Danish star may consider Spain or Italy
'I should be able to play football and then I could develop. I will be a better football player.'
Eriksen has 11 goals and 19 assists in 40 appearances this season for an Ajax team who are top of the Eredivisie.
One of those goals came in the 3-1 Ajax win over Manchester City in the Champions League in October, but Eriksen has been on City's radar for a long period.
The Denmark international almost signed at the Etihad two years ago but opted to stay with Ajax in favour of regular first-team football but he has now hinted at being ready for a move to either England, Italy or Spain.
'There is plenty of room in the Premier League so it may well be, he added. 'Should I change, I choose mainly from the club.
'It may also be in Italy or Spain. I went to Spain two years ago with [Ajax team-mate] Nicolai Boilesen but we were too busy and dropped it again.
'I think the Dutch league has a mixture of football from Spain and England.'

Sorry it's the Mail...

What position has he been playing in this season? 11 goals and 19 assists seems like a really good return if he's been playing as an attacking midfielder - its being involved in a goal every game essentially.

We shouldn't let the 'fact' that he 'rejected' us a few years ago put us off, it probably was the right thing for him to do for his career, it's just a shame that we couldn't have gotten something sorted for him such as buying him and loaning him back for a season or 2 because he probably would have costed less back then.

he has been deployed mainly as an attacking midfielder. and sometimes as a holding midfielder. and he did do very well in a champions league game as a false 9'

read a tweet (not from a good source, tbf) that he agreed with Liverpool for 12.5m?

Assume it's quite fake given that transfer fee ?

Andouble said:
read a tweet (not from a good source, tbf) that he agreed with Liverpool for 12.5m?

Assume it's quite fake given that transfer fee ?
no its true mate. He is a life long Liverpool fan (like Every pro footballer) he also has an Anfield pillow and duvet set and a Stevie G onesie

and YNWA on his gooch.

sam-caddick said:
Cityisland said:
Quotes attributed to him today saying hed like to join us. Dont know if its new. Cant post link at mo. Its on the metro website via newsnow.

Players go for the money, simple as that. Yes we now have the genuine chances of silverware and CL football to offer, but it is the money which motivates many-a-player. I've no problem with that, it's their job after all they want to earn what they can.
Not seen enough of the boy to comment whether he'd be a good signing or not, though his reputation is high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.