Cig fine in Manchester

I’ve never watched it in full, just him getting the kid to walk off.

The kid didn't just walk off, the guy actually made it worse. And the kid had to give details to the police. The auditor has some legal knowledge but not much and also behaves like a freeman of the land.

If you want to avoid these fines don't engage with the officers at all and go to the nearest toilets or fitting rooms in the nearest large store. Its unlikely they would follow.

But best thing is not to drop litter (which includes cigarette butts).

Can't see the cig butts on the floor round here under all the fly tipping.

Can't see the cig butts on the floor round here under all the fly tipping.
Something else that infuriates me. There is a nice walk around the farms at Simister. The beauty of the place is ruined by constant fly tipping on large scales.

Something else that infuriates me. There is a nice walk around the farms at Simister. The beauty of the place is ruined by constant fly tipping on large scales.
Horrible, isn't it? The worst thing about it is that its usually dumped by a 'Man with a Van' who someone's paid to collect and dispose of it in the right way.

Our town had a dump. Council closed it a few years ago. So if you've got no transport, you rely on these 3rd parties to do it for you. Its been more of a problem since then.

But as for the cig butts, I've had times where there's been no bins around for streets so ended up dimping it out on a wall and pocketing it for a bit. But ideally, a bin on every street (that can't be burnt) would be pretty handy.

I think there is, the embarrassment factor. If you are told to pick up a cigarette butt or face a fine you’d be embarrassed and would think twice in future. Plus other people may see what’s going on and think I’m not gonna get into that situation. I just think by issuing fixed penalties to smokers for flicking a butt is criminalising the wrong people and makes people hate law enforcement. Now a mars bar wrapper or coke can is another matter, that’s a scruffy bastard who deserves one.
If you are going to refrain after being warned, just don't do it in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.