Citizens (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MCFCpassion said:
Goater's Nipple said:
I'll be going to the Chelsea game with a couple of mates I think but can't make the Juve game due to work.

How far from the Newton for Hyde train station is this pub you're meeting at?

9 minute walk according to google maps <a class="postlink" href="http://goo.gl/maps/16RlH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://goo.gl/maps/16RlH</a>

The pub we're meeting at is called 'The Cotten Bale' which is the Weatherspoons in Hyde.

He didn't mean that train station. But thanks for pointing out where the pub is in detail.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:52 pm --<br /><br />
Goater's Nipple said:
Nice one, I'll get the earlier train for a pint and some breakfast then if it's a Spoons.

Yeah it will be handy for breakfast.

bluebannana said:
Great read.

Particularly liked these bits:

On the loss of English football culture;
Away followings we see at Selhurst now are made up predominantly of pie-munching replica shirt wearing men, families and maybe 2-3 rows of hardcore piping up with outdated songs every other couple of minutes. Ideally, there would be organised groups of well dressed, switched on lads having pride in representing behind their group banner away from home, wanting to outdo the home group in every aspect; and this knowledge of the scene would drive competition producing amazing results and an incredible, electric climate.

On wanting to re-introduce English football culture with the best bits of European/South American football culture;
Our model is a perfect blend of casual/ultra support - it's a foreign concept, originally based on an English ideal, that we've re-adapted to South London culture.

On there being something to be part of as a football fan;
We feel this is the most positive, important movement since the casual scene in the 80s for youth activism; there was little or nothing to aspire to since the early 90s, which co-incides with Sky rebranding and rewriting the basic values and principles of the game. We want to expand but remain tight, focused and true to our principles.

I live far away but Iv decided to make the trip to this. No point moaning about the atmos and then not being part of something that is tryin to make things better. See you all in the pub or at the ground.

BlueHalli said:
I live far away but Iv decided to make the trip to this. No point moaning about the atmos and then not being part of something that is tryin to make things better. See you all in the pub or at the ground.

yeah mate it will be good, you are right the people that moan about atmosphere but then cant be arsed with trying to improve it, They usually say how much better the European away fans where but when we suggest what they have it is ridiculed and frowned upon by many. We are the ones that try it, i applaud you sir, now lets make something great out of this. Like has been seen with Crystal palace it can work and it has, also note middlesburgh, celtic and rangers and many others it is the way forward otherwise our atmosphere will only get worse.

I suggest everyone go to the EDS games if you love city and supporting city.

BUMP

Facebook page: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/CitizensMCFC?fref=ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/CitizensMCFC?fref=ts</a>

If anyone has any questions please ask, any ideas are also welcome

We are also very close to 500 likes after only 2 weeks or so, so thanks everyone. We have been stuck on 499 likes for ages lol.

500 likes is great. any blue smoke bombs planned for the chelsea one ?? also any plans for ajax could buy about twenty tickets in say 110 and then get song ideas going.

bluebannana said:
500 likes is great. any blue smoke bombs planned for the chelsea one ?? also any plans for ajax could buy about twenty tickets in say 110 and then get song ideas going.

There is no plans for the ajax game as it is too soon we have only existed for a couple of weeks in the future we will try things like this but The Citizens is a long term plan we are not here to try for a year and then fuck off this is the sort of thing that will take years. Maybe we will be able to in the future but it is way to early. As for smoke bombs being set off at the chelsea game; probably not. But for the Juve one yes and its going to be immense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.