Citizens (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
uwerosler28 said:
ha ha ha ha is this for real ? imagine billy big balls infront of the southstand attempting to be a conductor is it april 1st this cant be for real !

It is real and it's on their Facebook page.

Plenty more where that came from too ;-)

uwerosler28 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
bugsyblue said:
So if it's not going to get beyond a Facebook page why berate them? Why even bother to comment?

And since when is a drum a band? I was at Fulham away and when the lads at the back banged on the metal wall when we were singing the Yaya song it sounded great. Personally if one fan had a drum and used it in the same way I think it would only add to the atmosphere. Agree we don't want a Sheffield Wednesday type steel band - but I don't think that is what the Citizens are proposing?

Maybe you are just stuck a little bit in your ways mate. If these 'kids' want to try soemthing new what's the problem? You don't have to join in.

This is what they are planning:

The people that will be at the EDS game, before i start this song i'll seperate you in half then i'll build it up by by putting my hands in the air and going "ohhhhh" (like you see in the video) then i'll shout "Bobby Mancs" then the half to my right will reply with "blue white army" then the side to my left will do the "Bobby Mancs" part then the side to my right "blue white army" and so on. When it's your sides turn you will point to the other side as you chant either "Bobby Mancs" or "blue white army" Then after a while the drum will kick in with a beat and both sides will start bouncing to it. Then repeat it from the start.

Nothing more needs adding.
ha ha ha ha is this for real ? imagine billy big balls infront of the southstand attempting to be a conductor is it april 1st this cant be for real !

I will pay good money to see this

Didsbury Dave said:
bugsyblue said:
So if it's not going to get beyond a Facebook page why berate them? Why even bother to comment?

And since when is a drum a band? I was at Fulham away and when the lads at the back banged on the metal wall when we were singing the Yaya song it sounded great. Personally if one fan had a drum and used it in the same way I think it would only add to the atmosphere. Agree we don't want a Sheffield Wednesday type steel band - but I don't think that is what the Citizens are proposing?

Maybe you are just stuck a little bit in your ways mate. If these 'kids' want to try soemthing new what's the problem? You don't have to join in.

The people that will be at the EDS game, before i start this song i'll seperate you in half then i'll build it up by by putting my hands in the air and going "ohhhhh" (like you see in the video) then i'll shout "Bobby Mancs" then the half to my right will reply with "blue white army" then the side to my left will do the "Bobby Mancs" part then the side to my right "blue white army" and so on. When it's your sides turn you will point to the other side as you chant either "Bobby Mancs" or "blue white army" Then after a while the drum will kick in with a beat and both sides will start bouncing to it. Then repeat it from the start.

OK this does sound a little cringe I have to admit but I'm sure they have more plans that just this one.

bugsyblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
bugsyblue said:

OK this does sound a little cringe I have to admit but I'm sure they have more plans that just this one.

only an idea ,just like most of the things on the facebook page. Doesnt mean its gonna happen.

"The Citizens are here!
The Citizens are here!
And now ye' gunna' believe us,
And now ye' gunna' believe uuuuss,
The Citizens are here!"

It's a great continuous one, it's simple so everyone will know it and it's catchy. It's also a way to show everyone who doubts us just what we can do.

Didsbury Dave said:
bugsyblue said:
Only on bluemoon would fellow fans take the time to berate other fellow fans for grouping together and trying new things to improve the atmosphere. If you don't like the suggestions just don't get involved. And I can guarantee the fans moaning won't be going to the EDS game anyway.

Keep up the good work Citizens, TBA and any other fans groups.

I love it when people say "Only on Bluemoon" as though it's somehow different from any other football forums. It's even sillier than when people say "only City fans would...."

Of the 3000 fans at West Brom, the ones who actually make the noise these kids say they want, you'd get 2990 horrified at the idea of this stupid band because it goes against everything City represent. You'd also get about the same proportion from Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Villa, NEwcastle and Leeds.

Big City clubs don't have bands. They are an abomination. An embarrassment. They are tacky, cheesy, stupid, childish, pathetic and irritating.

You have to laugh, though, at the delusion that it will get anywhere beyond a Facebook page and half a dozen embarrassed kids trying it out on a windswept Ewan Fields. You have to laugh at the sheer, cloud-cuckoo land lunacy of the person who thinks that City's hardcore and vociferous support would ever do anything other than tell these kids to fuck off.

It's the worst idea in Manchester City's history. It's as bad as the piped chanting through the PA system. In fact it's worse.

But it's funny to watch ;-)

Who said anything about a band Dave?

Didsbury Dave said:
"The Citizens are here!
The Citizens are here!
And now ye' gunna' believe uuuuss,
The Citizens are here!"

It's a great continuous one, it's simple so everyone will know it and it's catchy. It's also a way to show everyone who doubts us just what we can do.
pmsl your makin these up arent you ? wonder if they should bring pom poms instead of scalfs and flags and do auditions for the right to be head cheer leader ?

The only thing we are planning on doing is getting to down the EDS games vs Chelsea and Juventus. The things on the Facebook page whether it is song, banner, flag, logo, drum etc are just ideas at the moment and have been put on the Facebook page to get peoples opinion. If the feedback is positive then it is more than likely that it will be put into practise, if the feedback is negative then the idea won't be used, it's as simple as that. It's early days yet but it's just a case of trial and error to see what people like and what people want to see. All ideas are welcome. At the moment we have a few song ideas that we will be trying out at the EDS games, weather they end up in The Etihad, just stay at the EDS games or don't take of at all, we don't know but if we don't try we will never know.

We have had a lot of interest in what we're doing on Facebook and Twitter over the last week since we came together as The Citizens and we aim to get as many people down to the EDS games as possible. We're only trying to improve the atmosphere which can only be a good thing right? I know a lot of people are against the ideas we have come up with but why not get you down to the EDS games and help us out yourself? If it fails, it fails and we tried something new in trying to improve the atmosphere.

The more people we get down to the EDS games the better so if you can get involved and are up for trying something different then get yourselves down to the EDS games on the 4th of November and the 8th of November at Hyde.

MCFCpassion said:
The only thing we are planning on doing is getting to down the EDS games vs Chelsea and Juventus. The things on the Facebook page whether it is song, banner, flag, logo, drum etc are just ideas at the moment and have been put on the Facebook page to get peoples opinion. If the feedback is positive then it is more than likely that it will be put into practise, if the feedback is negative then the idea won't be used, it's as simple as that. It's early days yet but it's just a case of trial and error to see what people like and what people want to see. All ideas are welcome. At the moment we have a few song ideas that we will be trying out at the EDS games, weather they end up in The Etihad, just stay at the EDS games or don't take of at all, we don't know but if we don't try we will never know.

We have had a lot of interest in what we're doing on Facebook and Twitter over the last week since we came together as The Citizens and we aim to get as many people down to the EDS games as possible. We're only trying to improve the atmosphere which can only be a good thing right? I know a lot of people are against the ideas we have come up with but why not get you down to the EDS games and help us out yourself? If it fails, it fails and we tried something new in trying to improve the atmosphere.

The more people we get down to the EDS games the better so if you can get involved and are up for trying something different then get yourselves down to the EDS games on the 4th of November and the 8th of November at Hyde.
what is a capo and are you having one ?

uwerosler28 said:
MCFCpassion said:

what is a capo and are you having one ?

<a class="postlink" href="http://pitchinvasion.net/blog/2009/06/10/the-capo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://pitchinvasion.net/blog/2009/06/10/the-capo/</a>

All the information you need to know about a Capo you will find on that website. We currently have two Capos at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.