City’s Goldbridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s easy to get sucked in. If you see something that you think is unjust, it’s a natural human reaction to want to call it out.

I did it myself. Not with football twitter. Not even I’m mental enough to get involved in that.

But I found myself replying to people like Lawrence Fox and Darren Grimes. Knowing deep down that they’re never going to even see my reply. I finally came to my senses when Fox started posting his Twitter earnings and basically taking the piss out of idiots like me who were falling for his grift and paying his wages.

So I deleted my Twitter account and started again with a strict self rule to use it for information purposes only.

I did the same with Goldbridge and some dickhead Liverpool fans who kept on popping up on my X account.

I no longer post any replies on X.

Unfortunately there a millions of people around the world who will continue posting replies.

As you say, once the original Tweet is posted, 9 times out of 10 there is never a reply from the person posting the original tweet.

Since Musk’s takeover, the amount of advertising on Twitter/X has (unless you pay for ad-free) gone crazy. Accounts with huge numbers of followers get paid by the platform based on the traffic they generate.
I rarely if ever go near it since Musk banned third party clients - the ads on the official website and app are just too suffocating.

Yes. There’s almost an add after every tweet pushing some crap.

Musk has completely fucked Twitter/X since he bought it.

I hope X keeps on burning his money and he can’t turn X around to make a profit from it.

As you say, once the original Tweet is posted, 9 times out of 10 there is never a reply from the person posting the original tweet.
A honourable mention to @slbsn who replies quite a bit on his original posts to people who raise points/more info…

…whilst also reposting idiotic replies to his posts (and presumably block/mute them as per his bio)!

I rarely if ever go near it since Musk banned third party clients - the ads on the official website and app are just too suffocating.
I wouldn’t use the app, (ditto Facebook), use the website and have an adblocker installed (adding an exception for a certain blue site).

For windows I use Firefox browser with the UBlock Origin extension.
For iOS I use Safari with the AdGuard App/extension.
No idea on Android/Chrome’s best, but UBlock origin won’t be as good as it is on Firefox come about October iirc , as Google are changing how extensions can work ‘for better user experience’ ie less ad blocking!

Yes. There’s almost an add after every tweet pushing some crap.

Musk has completely fucked Twitter/X since he bought it.

I hope X keeps on burning his money and he can’t turn X around to make a profit from it.
Have you seen how much that bugger makes from his satellite based internet thingy ! No wonder he doesn’t care about ruining Twitter.

We're open to these clowns setting up watchalongs, goes with the territory, we can't have it both ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.