City’s New Kits - 2021/22

As soon as the home kit was leaked many months ago, all the negative comments were about pairing it with blue shorts and that Simon Cowell neck-line. You'd think in the lock-down period, Puma would take it on board and tweak the neck slightly and / or offer a white short replacement before mass production, but no its full steam ahead with our first designs, and to hell with the fan complaints.

How about offering the supporters a say or a vote in the 3rd kit?

Do any other team mess about with their clubs shorts ? No ! It's just so unneccassry. All it does is rub the fans up the wrong way. It's like they dont get the clubs identity. When I look at that kit it just doesn't look like us.The first thing that comes to mind is Coventry City. Dippers, Gooners, Chelsea and Rags would be up in arms if they changed short colors. I guess at the end of the day its just a pair of shorts but it is a shame, I just wish the club would "get" what City's traditional kit should be and then they can play with a few design details to it.
Barcelona (red/blue), Bayern Munich (red/white), AC Milan (white/black) to name 3, have had different colour home shorts.

Aston Villa, Burnley and West Ham have had white, blue and claret shorts over time.

Spurs have worn navy and white.

Sheff Weds have worn black, white and blue...

I got bored checking but can say that Newcastle have only really worn black shorts at home for a long time.

EDIT: Leicester City white or blue.

Although I strongly prefer white to blue shorts, I’m more bothered about how minging the design of the home shirt is than the colour of the shorts.

As a club, we offer a pretty good palette in terms of designing a smart and unique set of kits. No one else has the sky blue really, particularly since Lazio have faded in prominence, and the away / third kits can be based on a pretty strong set of precedents, be it a maroon kit like in 17-18 (a recent highlight) or something like the 80s pinstripe or sash in red/black/white.

Anyone can see that the new home kit is awful - it just looks cheap and bland to me - so why can’t the club push back and demand something better? I get that the club might well be targeting a different demographic these days but I can’t see how a shit design helps anybody.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.