City’s New Kits - 2021/22

When you say “always had them on and off”...

We had them for 10 years out of our first 118 years (8%).

9 of those were consecutive years when the league required us to wear them to avoid a clash.

Since the Barca Boys have come in, we’ve had them 4 times in 11 years
(36%).

We hardly ever had blue shorts over the course of our history before they came in, and now we pretty much have them on rotation.

The fans don’t like them, there’s been numerous polls to confirm it, but the execs at the club don’t give a flying fuck, they just do what they want.
dont give a fuck ?
spending hundreds of millions and people think they dont give a fuck about the fans, because they choose to have blue shorts from time to time a little perspective, they give an almighty fuck,because at the end of the day they have too

having the same thing over and over again gets boring, some will disagree,i really don't think people actually notice what colour shorts teams play in ,its all about the shirt., as long as its some sort of skyish blue and has a city badge then fuck it.
the big picture is money, if we have the same kits over and over again with slight differences who would buy them, i like all 3 tops puma have "done" so far this season, i would prefer the badge on the 3rd but its still a lovely kit,as for the shorts , im not really bothered as long as they sort of match the top
Totally agree apart from the 1st choice home kit.

That should always stick with tradition, sky blue and white, the other two kits, especially the 3rd kit do what they want, but keep the home kit identifiable, so as soon as that kit is seen , everyone knows it is MCFC. ( Man City just to piss off the moaners)

having the same thing over and over again gets boring, some will disagree,i really don't think people actually notice what colour shorts teams play in ,its all about the shirt., as long as its some sort of skyish blue and has a city badge then fuck it.
Completely disagree about the shorts... I don't think Liverpool fans would accept their kit with white shorts, or United with red shorts.
I prefer white shorts... I think our kit looks much nice with white shorts... for me, if we do have sky blue shorts the kit has to have predominantly what trim to balance that out - I hated the 2014/15 because for me all sky blue kit with navy trim was City... Coventry City!

Completely disagree about the shorts... I don't think Liverpool fans would accept their kit with white shorts, or United with red shorts.
I prefer white shorts... I think our kit looks much nice with white shorts... for me, if we do have sky blue shorts the kit has to have predominantly what trim to balance that out - I hated the 2014/15 because for me all sky blue kit with navy trim was City... Coventry City!
if you look at city in all blue and can only think of coventry then i suggest you need more than white shorts.

when aguerooooooo hit the winner did you think, coventry are doing well, or did you not give a flying fuck what colour shorts city were wearing ?

i get you prefer white shorts, i do, but its not that important, and if i remember correctly liverpool used to wear white shorts(could be wrong)

if you look at city in all blue and can only think of coventry then i suggest you need more than white shorts.

when aguerooooooo hit the winner did you think, coventry are doing well, or did you not give a flying fuck what colour shorts city were wearing ?

i get you prefer white shorts, i do, but its not that important, and if i remember correctly liverpool used to wear white shorts(could be wrong)
Liverpool switched from white to red shorts in 1964. I bet the scousers would give a flying fuck if John Henry decided to mix it up a bit and have white shorts now and again.

dont give a fuck ?
spending hundreds of millions and people think they dont give a fuck about the fans, because they choose to have blue shorts from time to time a little perspective, they give an almighty fuck,because at the end of the day they have too
As far as I’m aware the former Barcelona executives aren’t spending anything?

But they are overseeing the branding and identity of the club.

They’ve chosen to go down the “Cityzens”, blue shorts and “Man City” route.

They’ve been given evidence that long standing local fans who are the fabric of the club don’t like them. But they’ve chosen to disregard the views of those fans. Their choice.

Do any other team mess about with their clubs shorts ? No ! It's just so unneccassry. All it does is rub the fans up the wrong way. It's like they dont get the clubs identity. When I look at that kit it just doesn't look like us.The first thing that comes to mind is Coventry City. Dippers, Gooners, Chelsea and Rags would be up in arms if they changed short colors. I guess at the end of the day its just a pair of shorts but it is a shame, I just wish the club would "get" what City's traditional kit should be and then they can play with a few design details to it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.