City’s New Kits - 2021/22

Should be white shorts always agree, but if this kit is to celebrate 10 years since Aguerooo then blue short kinda makes sense as they wore all blue shirt & shorts that year.
Im probably in the huge minority but I started watching City in late 70s so I grew up on them wearing blue shorts and I never had a problem with them, had actually a bit of a shock when the white ones came in (or back) in 1985-86. (although that shock was quickly displaced by the one when I saw Sammy Mcllroy wearing it!)

Even had a subbuteo team with City wearing white shorts and tried to paint over them with blue (made a right balls up of it as well)!
I like white shorts but actually dont mind the blue either as thats what I associate my first Maine Road experiences with...

Should be white shorts always agree, but if this kit is to celebrate 10 years since Aguerooo then blue short kinda makes sense as they wore all blue shirt & shorts that year.

That makes sense. How far do they need to go? Is it a literal tribute to that moment, or is it a detail nod to it. Personally, think the detail in the shirt and pattern is enough, the shorts would be a step too far, it isn't a kit rerelease. But both work as a logic, and can be argued.

I also think, the shade of blue with the pattern making it darker (maybe had to do this so the white sponsor letters stand out enough) blue shorts wouldn't work, white would along with the white on the shirt.

I was looking back at some old kits.

What a cracking set they had in 09/10.

pAlEHcTC.png

4V-gkQ3pALh8xUP-LCOYcnxfStmAw9syxbYcqEDLdJLQxkcmaxTY8CngfOrSaS1l7ads84073VHlkJ99QG2bbqVo4LDjehLYyfRrlZOkiwyMF2MZwH7j6O2k_VWtTlpdC-7wi_vKaiqo67LuRR3X0I8=s0-d

manchester-city-2009-10-third.jpg
3 of the finest shirts we have ever worn and all in 12 months. UMBRO were on fire!

Im probably in the huge minority but I started watching City in late 70s so I grew up on them wearing blue shorts and I never had a problem with them, had actually a bit of a shock when the white ones came in (or back) in 1985-86. (although that shock was quickly displaced by the one when I saw Sammy Mcllroy wearing it!)

Even had a subbuteo team with City wearing white shorts and tried to paint over them with blue (made a right balls up of it as well)!
I like white shorts but actually dont mind the blue either as thats what I associate my first Maine Road experiences with...
Understand that as even though I started watching City in early 70's we had blue shorts from 76-85 so a lot of my youth was blue shorts

But my preference as and always will be white shorts

In them days of blue shorts we looked just like Coventry City and for me it was always why are we trying to look like a sub standard team.

Knew we had chosen Black and Red stripes because Mal wanted us looking like Milan with their European pedigree but why Coventry.

Maybe Gary James could answer why the change to blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.