City’s New Kits - 2021/22

3 of the finest shirts we have ever worn and all in 12 months. UMBRO were on fire!
I was about 40 when they came out, not bought a shirt since I was a kid, I ordered all on first sight and when they arrived , they were even more beautiful in the flesh and the quality of fabric was outstanding for a football shirt.

I even considered going full on FKW, but them came to my senses!

Notice how the front one has had its neck pulled down the hanger farther than those behind.

The neck won't actually be that wide, esp when worn.

As for the white flashes on the sides, they will make sense when we see the shorts IMO and it needs some white on there somewhere. A white neck collar would accentuate the v-neck and really would make it look wider/deeper than it really is.

eg, Uruguay 1950s shirt...

1619179776811.png

It's a homage to our first PL title win then.

I like the calculator digit pad motif.

Im probably in the huge minority but I started watching City in late 70s so I grew up on them wearing blue shorts and I never had a problem with them, had actually a bit of a shock when the white ones came in (or back) in 1985-86. (although that shock was quickly displaced by the one when I saw Sammy Mcllroy wearing it!)

Even had a subbuteo team with City wearing white shorts and tried to paint over them with blue (made a right balls up of it as well)!
I like white shorts but actually dont mind the blue either as thats what I associate my first Maine Road experiences with...
For me the rule should be straight forward - sky blue shorts should only be worn if the trim of the kit is solely white - so the late 70's kits of all sky blue worked because of the white trim, I also liked the 2011/12 kit for that reason, however absolutely hated the 2014/15 and 2016/17 kits with a passion.
That said, personally, should be white shorts always!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.