City’s New Kits

I still reckon the marketing strategies for shirt sales are more than ‘looking round stadiums’

Dont you?
Then what are they, because looking around any stadium in the country, it is clear to see over 20s are the majority wearers of the kit... kids/3rd kit I totally get, but they need to aim the home/away kit at the people who are quite clearly the people buying it!
Market research is only as good as your focus group...

You are thinking that the only people that buy kits go to the game. Youre so far off the mark in all this its a waste of time chatting about it with u mate to be honest
Nope, but you just keep spouting "market research" I give you examples. You have yet to give us any proof of this "market research" other than - trust me bro!
Show us the facts/figures... simple as that... if you can't, then you're right it is no use talking to me as I want facts and not your opinion!

Apologies, but does anyone have the pics of all 3 kits for next season? I’ve seen too many now I’m not sure which ones are legit!

Then what are they, because looking around any stadium in the country, it is clear to see over 20s are the majority wearers of the kit... kids/3rd kit I totally get, but they need to aim the home/away kit at the people who are quite clearly the people buying it!
Market research is only as good as your focus group...

Match going fans make up a very very small amount of most fan bases. Matches are also mostly made up of adults so of course a majority of adults will be wearing shirts at games compared to kids. If you’re judging your own ‘market research’ on being at the match then you might want to look at your own analysis rather than have a go at someone with direct links to the manufacturer.

Nope, but you just keep spouting "market research" I give you examples. You have yet to give us any proof of this "market research" other than - trust me bro!
Show us the facts/figures... simple as that... if you can't, then you're right it is no use talking to me as I want facts and not your opinion!

Fuck me mate youre are making this hard work for yourself

Ok..

One of my best pals has a fairly senior gig in the marketing dept at city. Ive been sat with him at his desk in the big open plan office and he pointed out where the proper big cheeses office is. Hes yards away. Hes that high up. He knows his stuff having worked in marketing for tesco, everton and now city/puma. He is kinda joint employed by city/puma. Puma actually pay his wages.
Its why when in feb half of you lot are getting all giddy over some shite twitter pic of some shite knock up some 14 year old has done with you commenting “ive heard this is our new kit” i can de bunk it. Ill have already seen the next batch of kits.
Ive been proved right on that by the way

So i talk to my pal about goings on at city because , well its city, and because the marketing side interests me. It couldnt be any far removed from my job and i like picking his brains on it.

So when “john” says ,
“Third kits are aimed exclusively at u10s”, i believe him.
When he says,
“Other kits are aimed at u20s because our extensive research, knowledge of our jobs, 20 years experience in the industry, working for puma, a HUGE worldwide company and city, one of the biggest sports clubs in the world, tells us that the biggest buyers of shirts are that age group…”
…. I believe him. I dont ask ‘john’ to provide me with proof. I just trust that whatever research he/they have done will be done with utmost professionalism and expertise. What i am pretty sure is their research isnt watching cheesemans vlogs , or screen shotting a random of the south stand and saying “oh look , if you count most of them are old blokes”.

We sold, i think, 500,000 shirts last year. Match going fans are 10% of that figure. So… 90% are kids who dont go, kids all round the country, teenagers in asia , etc etc etc.

So no, i dont have proof for you. You will, indeed , just have to “trust me bro”
(for clarification i never used the word ‘bro’. That was you)

Ok?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.