City’s New Kits

Fuck me mate youre are making this hard work for yourself

Ok..

One of my best pals has a fairly senior gig in the marketing dept at city. Ive been sat with him at his desk in the big open plan office and he pointed out where the proper big cheeses office is. Hes yards away. Hes that high up. He knows his stuff having worked in marketing for tesco, everton and now city/puma. He is kinda joint employed by city/puma. Puma actually pay his wages.
Its why when in feb half of you lot are getting all giddy over some shite twitter pic of some shite knock up some 14 year old has done with you commenting “ive heard this is our new kit” i can de bunk it. Ill have already seen the next batch of kits.
Ive been proved right on that by the way

So i talk to my pal about goings on at city because , well its city, and because the marketing side interests me. It couldnt be any far removed from my job and i like picking his brains on it.

So when “john” says ,
“Third kits are aimed exclusively at u10s”, i believe him.
When he says,
“Other kits are aimed at u20s because our extensive research, knowledge of our jobs, 20 years experience in the industry, working for puma, a HUGE worldwide company and city, one of the biggest sports clubs in the world, tells us that the biggest buyers of shirts are that age group…”
…. I believe him. I dont ask ‘john’ to provide me with proof. I just trust that whatever research he/they have done will be done with utmost professionalism and expertise. What i am pretty sure is their research isnt watching cheesemans vlogs , or screen shotting a random of the south stand and saying “oh look , if you count most of them are old blokes”.

We sold, i think, 500,000 shirts last year. Match going fans are 10% of that figure. So… 90% are kids who dont go, kids all round the country, teenagers in asia , etc etc etc.

So no, i dont have proof for you. You will, indeed , just have to “trust me bro”
(for clarification i never used the word ‘bro’. That was you)

Ok?
It only matters what the team look like in the kit. The players aren’t 10 years old, they’re men, and should be playing in decent looking strips.

The fact that these companies are designing kits with no thought about the actual team who wear it or the club’s identity is pure daftness and one of the many symptoms of what’s wrong with football.

It doesn’t matter if this lightning bolts and red badge kit is the biggest selling kit to eight year olds in Singapore in football history if our players look like right Charlies in it and don’t like wearing it.

I wouldn’t think for one minute serious players like Dias and Rodri are going to be proud to pull that third kit on next season. I know that if I was a player and I walked into the changing rooms and that was hung up for me to wear I wouldn’t be thinking, ‘well, Pumas market research shows that under-tens like this kit’… I’d be thinking ‘what the fuck is this shit?!’

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that would look better with blue shorts and socks all matching
200w.gif

It only matters what the team look like in the kit. The players aren’t 10 years old, they’re men, and should be playing in decent looking strips.

The fact that these companies are designing kits with no thought about the actual team who wear it or the club’s identity is pure daftness and one of the many symptoms of what’s wrong with football.

It doesn’t matter if this lightning bolts and red badge kit is the biggest selling kit to eight year olds in Singapore in football history if our players look like right Charlies in it and don’t like wearing it.

I wouldn’t think for one minute serious players like Dias and Rodri are going to be proud to pull that third kit on next season. I know that if I was a player and I walked into the changing rooms and that was hung up for me to wear I wouldn’t be thinking, ‘well, Pumas market research shows that under-tens like this kit’… I’d be thinking ‘what the fuck is this shit?!’
Of course it matters how it sells. Stop living in a by gone age. We cant have all the riches we have without part of those riches being generated by kit sales.
Puma get about 50% of their initial outlay back, thats all. So they will maximise that revenue

Not sure what you arent understanding.

Another thing, youre being a but disingenuous to serious players like dias and rodri if you think the kit will affect performance

It doesn't when Puma are paying £70 million a year to sell them.

I think we won't know if the away kit is great or awful til we see it in a game.

did anyone see the kit that Chelsea PL2 had on against us the other day. My God it was awful. It was like they were Egyptian mummies .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.