City’s New Kits

Just seen a post on Instagram from bigstevemcfc calling out the club for the all the activity in New York, whilst doing doing nothing in Manchester for the local fans, particularly the kids while they're off school.

Not sure if he posts on here, but fair play to you Steve. I agree with every word. The NYC stuff is great, it looked brilliant and I'm glad fans over there got to enjoy it. The kit wasn't even available to buy this morning in Manchester and unless you know the right people, or win a competition the local fans have got no chance of meeting the players. When Pep first joined we had a big weekend in Manchester on the Etihad campus, but that's a long time ago now. Think it's time they looked at doing something similar.

Not sure who at the club is in charge of these things, but they've dropped the ball here. Similar to the Gillingham 25th anniversary kit, which inexplicably still isn't on sale in the UK (despite being on sale all round Europe by the posts online). That shirt has the date of the game inscribed in it, but they didn't launch it on that date.... Basic stuff.

Agree with bigsteve, we’re obviously too big time now.

Yeah, it’s maroon. One of the most historic colours in the history of Manchester City. Worn by the club for over 100 years and still to this day the club’s most worn away colour.

View attachment 126406
Yes i get the maroon shirt,but by god that new one still looks like red to me,could be my eyesight going as after all i am 147 you know,eh ?

Just seen a post on Instagram from bigstevemcfc calling out the club for the all the activity in New York, whilst doing doing nothing in Manchester for the local fans, particularly the kids while they're off school.

Not sure if he posts on here, but fair play to you Steve. I agree with every word. The NYC stuff is great, it looked brilliant and I'm glad fans over there got to enjoy it. The kit wasn't even available to buy this morning in Manchester and unless you know the right people, or win a competition the local fans have got no chance of meeting the players. When Pep first joined we had a big weekend in Manchester on the Etihad campus, but that's a long time ago now. Think it's time they looked at doing something similar.

Not sure who at the club is in charge of these things, but they've dropped the ball here. Similar to the Gillingham 25th anniversary kit, which inexplicably still isn't on sale in the UK (despite being on sale all round Europe by the posts online). That shirt has the date of the game inscribed in it, but they didn't launch it on that date.... Basic stuff.
seen the post and he is spot on

fanny about in New York all they want but don't forget your roots amd the next generation of blues here you take for granted.

A simutanious kit launch with some ex players (if present ones unavlable due to the tour) was easily doable here

Last edited:
seen the post and he is spot on

fanny about in New York all they want but don't forget your roots amd the next generation of blues here you take for granted.

A simutanious kit launch with some ex players (if present ones unavlable due to the tour) was easily doable here
ALWAYS... always look after your core customers, they are the foundation,'bread & butter', of the club/business.

An open training session in school holidays would pull in thousands who would also go in the store and spend £s.

Is this something for 'Invisible Parker' to create some waves about ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.