City’s Top Five Keepers Of All Time

You'd seriously have Coton ahead of Corrigan and Hart?

It’s hard to remember clearly now. I certainly rated Coton very highly at the time.

More controversially perhaps, I’ve just noticed I’d completely forgotten about Ederson.

Hard to know where to put him though. Impossible to really compare him to previous ‘keepers. It’s almost a completely different position he plays to all those gone by.

Notable mention for Nicky Weaver's 99-00 Championship winning season. I think he got us about 20 points alone that season .
I forgot Nicky, when compiling my top five.

That Ipswich game at Maine Road in the 99/00 season was one of the best goalkeeping performances I’ve ever seen, and certainly his best.

And the outstanding moment in that match, was when he dragged the ball from almost behind himself.

Unbelievable, Jeff!

Didn’t Cooper have some sort of penalty-saving record?

He stood nearer to one post, rather than being at the centre of the goal.

And he didn’t do too badly in the Maine Road Massacre.
To be fair, Dibble said that Cooper helped him be a better penalty saver. Maybe I was overly harsh, but I remember him being tiny.

Maybe I should swap Cooper for Stowell.

Last edited:
I'd go for Swift, Trautmann, Dowd, Hart and Ederson.

Not read the full thread, but I expect most have the same 4, but I'm going for Dowd as the other, as he was keeper during our previous most successful period.

Im slightly too young to have seen him live and wonder if others can say, how far from an England cap was he? Unsurprising that he didn't get past Banks, but did he get in any squads?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.