City 1993 - only just over a generation ago

There was a lot of misinformation from the PJS camp, including briefing the media that City fans had been harassing Swales’s mum in an old persons home. The home denied this. And I think Mrs Swales tried to deny that Peter was her son

There was a lot of misinformation from the PJS camp, including briefing the media that City fans had been harassing Swales’s mum in an old persons home. The home denied this. And I think Mrs Swales tried to deny that Peter was her son
Both sides had their supporters in the media. Think The Mirror was pro-Lee to the extent of giving away Forward With Franny badges, while the likes of Lawton etc were pro-Swales

Turns out the £6m was true!!

View attachment 8240
Not all under Swales though. Only the first 3 were and Rocastle was a straight swap for White with no cash changing hands IIRC. Having said that, I think Alfons Groenendijk should be on that list as I'm sure he signed in the summer of 1993 for about 500k.
On another note, I always felt that Carl Griffiths was a very underrated striker and was surprised he didn't move to a bigger club from Shrewsbury sooner. 5 years earlier in our 1988/89 promotion season he scored both goals for them in a 2-2 draw at Maine Road

Not all under Swales though. Only the first 3 were and Rocastle was a straight swap for White with no cash changing hands IIRC. Having said that, I think Alfons Groenendijk should be on that list as I'm sure he signed in the summer of 1993 for about 500k.
On another note, I always felt that Carl Griffiths was a very underrated striker and was surprised he didn't move to a bigger club from Shrewsbury sooner. 5 years earlier in our 1988/89 promotion season he scored both goals for them in a 2-2 draw at Maine Road
Griffiths had a decent start at City but his initial good form tailed off dramatically. Remember him giving Everton and England’s Dave Watson (not the real one) a torrid time in one home game

Both sides had their supporters in the media. Think The Mirror was pro-Lee to the extent of giving away Forward With Franny badges, while the likes of Lawton etc were pro-Swales
It was Swales’s camp that we’re doing a lot of it for themselves, but yeah they will have briefed via the media

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.