City 1993 - only just over a generation ago

Not all under Swales though. Only the first 3 were and Rocastle was a straight swap for White with no cash changing hands IIRC. Having said that, I think Alfons Groenendijk should be on that list as I'm sure he signed in the summer of 1993 for about 500k.
On another note, I always felt that Carl Griffiths was a very underrated striker and was surprised he didn't move to a bigger club from Shrewsbury sooner. 5 years earlier in our 1988/89 promotion season he scored both goals for them in a 2-2 draw at Maine Road
Seem to remember he had a decent little run of goals including giving us the lead at Anfield and scoring the winner against Ipswich in Franny's first game, then (I think) he got injured which probably prompted us to buy Rosler and Walsh. Then Quinn got fit again and he didn't stand a chance after that.

I liked Brian Horton, always remember the 'Brian Who?' quote in the papers when he came which was snide but he got us playing some decent football and did a whole lot better than Alan Ball who replaced him.

What shocks me the most was Ian Darke getting excited when Sheron scored the equaliser against Oldham, couldn't belive my ears.

I liked Brian Horton, always remember the 'Brian Who?' quote in the papers when he came which was snide but he got us playing some decent football and did a whole lot better than Alan Ball who replaced him.

What shocks me the most was Ian Darke getting excited when Sheron scored the equaliser against Oldham, couldn't belive my ears.
And Richard Keyes being an informed, balanced and engaging broadcaster...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.