City & adidas

I really like Puma. I own nothing of Adidas or anything red for that matter. Puma imho has done a great job this and last season.

Whilst I am a big fan of Adidas trainers, City and Adidas just isn't right. Our kits should always be made by Umbro, they seemed to understand the club and the history. Nike was alright, Puma feels like something we could have worn in division 2.

Wish we would go back to Nike or switch to Adidas. Nike kits were my favourite by far. I don't like Puma, Umbro, Le Coq Sportif or Kappa as brands, all Sports Direct tackle who make tacky shite. Umbro did make a few nice kits for us though to give them their due.
Sports direct is full of adidas and Nike

I must admit, for me Adidas do make the best kits overall on the football scene, but Puma have given us some pieces to remember for sure.

I actually think some of the kits under Puma will become collectables in 20 years like the Hacienda shirt for example.

Nike were awful, maybe one or two decent kits and few good football culture wear, but overall just looked and felt cheap. I hated the templates they picked nearly every season.

I cannot ever seeing us go to Adidas anytime soon though, we are a big shark under Puma and get advertised accordingly with us being a poster team for them.

Under Adidas we will be just one of many big clubs and will always be put in the advertising shadows of the likes of Real Madrid.

Whilst I am a big fan of Adidas trainers, City and Adidas just isn't right. Our kits should always be made by Umbro, they seemed to understand the club and the history. Nike was alright, Puma feels like something we could have worn in division 2.
I completely agree with you. Umbro marked and era, we definitely should go back.

I thought the England kit from what, 1976 or '77 (around then anyway) was excellent. I had that kit as a teenager. View attachment 96246

"And after all....."
That one was fairly restrained I suppose.
Colin Bell in his autobiography wrote that he hated the feel of the Admiral kits, and noted that Revie had done a personally beneficial deal with them to get the England contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.