City after Higuain

Comrade Buka said:
Matt the Giant said:
- Dzeko- would most likely be brilliant for Real Madrid, banging in goals for fun.

I'm thinking the same.

Mourinho is not an idiot. If he is willing to trade the 4th (Falcao has squeezed in at 3rd) top goal scorer of La Liga for Dzeko, that says something about Dzeko.

It is blatantly obvious Dzeko is played wrong by Mancini.

He is not played wrong but Mancini identified him wrongly and Dzeko picked the wrong team. Real Madrid only got a mention as his agent is starting to pimp him around

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Comrade Buka said:
Matt the Giant said:
- Dzeko- would most likely be brilliant for Real Madrid, banging in goals for fun.

I'm thinking the same.

Mourinho is not an idiot. If he is willing to trade the 4th (Falcao has squeezed in at 3rd) top goal scorer of La Liga for Dzeko, that says something about Dzeko.

It is blatantly obvious Dzeko is played wrong by Mancini.

He is not played wrong but Mancini identified him wrongly and Dzeko picked the wrong team. Real Madrid only got a mention as his agent is starting to pimp him around

I feel sorry for Dzeko but it's obvious that City's tactics don't suit him. However, he is extremely hot and cold and I'd rather we didn't have a player like that. If he's on one of his off days he is quite frankly awful and IMHO, he seems to have more bad days than good. It's a shame because on his good days he's excellent.

TBH until City add natural width to their play then Dzeko will never fully realise his undoubted potential here. Most of his goals come about because of crosses into the box and we just don't do that. We're slow buildup merchants and it's now so predictable that (especially away from home) we've been sussed. We need speed and width and with that Dzeko will thrive. If City plan to address that then I'd keep Dzeko for now.

I will be sad to see him go as i was so glad when we signed him and expected him to tear apart the prem. At the same time a mate of mine constantly told me that the team Mancini was building wouldn't suit him but i backed him but now its turning out like he was right.

Alot of his goals have come from our usual style of play but look at goal v dippers in CC- fantastic ball across from Kolarov, goal v B'Burn again a cross from Kolarov. If he gets the service he will score. Unfortunatly our usual style needs passing, movement, pace and trickery. Something he doesn't have :(

Mancini may surprise us all and go all out to build the team around him for next season but its looking unlikely.

youngkippax said:
in my opinion, higuain is crap

are you mad ? he's scored like 20 in 40 this season, with quite a few appearances off the bench. he is top top quality

Jonathan1979 said:
He'll be a superstar at Juve. Unfortunately...

I actually would be very glad for him; he seems like such a decent man and I wish him all the best in his career. Of course I would have wished, and still do, for that to happen here with us.

He'd succeed here if we play differently. I am a 100% pro-Mancini groupie but questions have to be asked of him if he signed Dzeko for a system that doesn't suit Dzeko well. In Dzeko's first six months though, Mancini said "maybe he needs wingers"... and didn't buy any.

LoveCity said:
He'd succeed here if we play differently. I am a 100% pro-Mancini groupie but questions have to be asked of him if he signed Dzeko for a system that doesn't suit Dzeko well. In Dzeko's first six months though, Mancini said "maybe he needs wingers"... and didn't buy any.

I know... it's strange isn't it. - Why did he buy him?
And what does the owner think when Mancini says go ahead spend all that money on a player, who turns out not to fit the system at all and will most certainly be sold for a fee lower than what we paid?
I know I would be a bit concerned, even if I was a multi-billionaire.

But who know, maybe the plans stretch further than what I can see, and this summer will mean we're getting players to support Edin and his strengths. I hope so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.