City agree fee for Jack Rodwell

arthur said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
arthur said:
In a fully fit Everton squad he would not be picked, he'd be on the bench, well behind Fellaini and even Darren Gibson, if Everton get anything like the rumoured £20m it will be regarded as a bigger steal than getting £24m for Lescott who was worth about £10m .

Lescott has more than paid his gollum inflated transfer fee back to City while also making gollum look like a fucking clown

Except that Distin, who moyes got for £5m is a far better player than Lescott. How blinkered can you get ? No wonder Everton trounce Mancini's teams at will ;)

lol Distin is well past his best

Benarbia said:
The guy in my office has been going to Everton home and away for 20 years and I respect his opinion and he's moaned how crap he is for over a year now

why would the champions of england by a crap player? unless bobby has a financial interest in the agency used, like sir piss head.

Cheadle Blue said:
i♥city! said:
ermmm.......seriously ? Why didn't we just stick to Razak in the Midfield or better still give Milner the chance to cover for Barry . I hate to say this but this transfer stinks of Desperation. I was okay with us not bringing anyone in as the 3-5-2 formation provides options at the CB (Micah can cover for Kompany or Lescott and Kolo would be staying ) , Kolarov on the wings and so on ... I wasn't really looking forward to Martinez , Mvila or DDR coming but This ? wow !!!

fair point.

Maybe Mancini fancies him as a centre half?

Benarbia said:
The guy in my office has been going to Everton home and away for 20 years and I respect his opinion and he's moaned how crap he is for over a year now
More than mancinis?

Tony101 said:
BlueGun said:
Reactions from everton forums.. says it all really

I'll get him packed if someone can call the taxi....

I'll get his coat..

Please, please be true.

We need to get rid of him while there is interest and bring in someone that can actually get the team moving forward.

So am I. I think he's overrated...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

t in Give the cash Moyes and lets bring some silverware home this year, great news this is am a happy blue today

What a great bit of business that is selling Rodwell to city now go and get 2 or 3 players in can see a good season for the toffees top 5
Apparently they are all clueless and the few posters here know more about their own player. I check the Everton forum every now and then people who think this reaction is unusual have no clue. They have moaned about him for over 2 years and always call him overrated

Im an Everton fan. Hes done nowt for us. He has had 2 very good games against Arsenal and Utd though. I think his "potential" has been hyped up on their comments after 1 off games. Id be amazed if hes ever good enough for City. Dont tell the powers that be but youd have been infinately better off with Fellaini. Hes got the ability to play for your lot

All you need to do is look at the Everton fans to get the full story. They know the player better than the people on here who look at his Football Manager potential score and declare him a good prospect.

Stop flapping. I don't think this is going to be our "biggest" signing of this summer. A young home-grown midfielder who can do a job for us for a long period of time either as a starter or as a squad player depending on how he develops.

De Jong is leaving this summer or within a year. He is 28. Barry is 31. Yaya is 29, Milner is 26. It's clear we needed someone younger to eventually replace maybe Barry. There is space for a De Rossi type of midfielder when the time is right and someone like him is available. Just my opinion.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Cheadle Blue said:
i♥city! said:
ermmm.......seriously ? Why didn't we just stick to Razak in the Midfield or better still give Milner the chance to cover for Barry . I hate to say this but this transfer stinks of Desperation. I was okay with us not bringing anyone in as the 3-5-2 formation provides options at the CB (Micah can cover for Kompany or Lescott and Kolo would be staying ) , Kolarov on the wings and so on ... I wasn't really looking forward to Martinez , Mvila or DDR coming but This ? wow !!!

fair point.

Maybe Mancini fancies him as a centre half?

That was may original point, he can play there. mancini seems to have a hard on for this 3 at the back, all of a sudden

Tony101 said:
alky313 said:
Quite a few Raggish comments on here....

1) How are we comparing this deal to the Lescott deal (in a negative light). Lescott was one of our best players last year.

2) Mancini wanted several young players to fill holes in the squad.

3) Not every player can be a £30m buy.

4) There are several stars such as Yaya, Silva, Kompany and Zabaleta who all had similar upbringings and werent considered top class at the time.

5) We will sign more players. For every Kun Aguero there is a Stefan Savic.

6) He is the best U21 midfielder in England.

7) Half of you are WUMs that can't be arsed.
No he's not....he was shocking in the 2011 Euros and Im sure he was dropped eventually

This, he was hopeless. Martinez ran the show in midfield for Spain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.