City agree fee for Jack Rodwell

Cheadle Blue said:
bluemiester said:
Cheadle Blue said:
Wow is rag cafe quiet today? what a load of utter shite!

Mancini is looking for squad utility players, and he fits the bill. before last season everyone on here would have wanted this. he had a poor season last year, but will come on leaps and bounds in this team.

Does anyone remember him making our midfield look very silly a couple of years ago, at the etihad? no? short memories

He's never made our midfield look silly and if that's your only point of reference you are in for a shock. He's not good enough to be a squad player. It wasn't just last year he poor. he's never had a run of good form. He came into the Everton team at a young age and therefore everything he did half decent was hyped, but he's never shown any top class ability. FFS he couldn't even get into Englands rubbish U21 side last summer. The previous tournament he came int with all the hype and failed to impress. He'll never make it at City and it's due to a lack of talent. It's got nothing to with his young age or injuries, he's just not talented enough to make it at the highest level. He's not good enough for Everton.

Words fail me really. The lad has the talent FFS, this post really is amazing. i know its not de rossi, or cavani, but fuck sake mate wake up a bit. this isn't championship manager! there are other players out there that fit the bill, that won't cost £50m. He will fit in fine, give your head a wobble. very surprised at your attitude, if you are a blue! and i suspect your not

If you think he's a real talent then you are blind to what talent is. Be honest you haven't seen much of him have you?

This thread seems to be a mix of people who have hardly seen Rodwell trying to be optimistic and calling those who aren't rags and those who have seen him are just stunned that this is happening.

Let's be clear here. This isn't an over reaction. Rodwell isn't good enough. It just makes no sense at all. I simply can't get my head around this.

Cheadle Blue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Cheadle Blue said:
fair point.

Maybe Mancini fancies him as a centre half?

That was may original point, he can play there. mancini seems to have a hard on for this 3 at the back, all of a sudden

3 at the back = Kompany , Micah , Kolo/Lescott/ Savic . See Cockwell doesn't fit in !

12 million (if that's right) for a young, homegrown player who can cover most of central midfield and defence seems like a pretty good deal to me. Definitely worth giving him a chance, Mancini himself said he sees him as a future England regular.

Tony101 said:
Benarbia said:
The guy in my office has been going to Everton home and away for 20 years and I respect his opinion and he's moaned how crap he is for over a year now
More than mancinis?

The interview he just said felt like he didn't want him anywhere near the club

Graeme Bailey ‏@SkyGraemeBailey
Jack Rodwell move to Man City will be the third biggest in Everton history, only eclipsed by Wayne Rooney and Joleon Lescott sale
Actually, seems like it really could be a lump.

Cheadle Blue said:
Benarbia said:
The guy in my office has been going to Everton home and away for 20 years and I respect his opinion and he's moaned how crap he is for over a year now

why would the champions of england by a crap player? unless bobby has a financial interest in the agency used, like sir piss head.

Doesn't sound like Mancini wanted him

Joehannes said:
Graeme Bailey ‏@SkyGraemeBailey
Jack Rodwell move to Man City will be the third biggest in Everton history, only eclipsed by Wayne Rooney and Joleon Lescott sale
Actually, seems like it really could be a lump.

We didn't even need to throw a lot at them.

arthur said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
arthur said:
In a fully fit Everton squad he would not be picked, he'd be on the bench, well behind Fellaini and even Darren Gibson, if Everton get anything like the rumoured £20m it will be regarded as a bigger steal than getting £24m for Lescott who was worth about £10m .

Lescott has more than paid his gollum inflated transfer fee back to City while also making gollum look like a fucking clown

Except that Distin, who moyes got for £5m is a far better player than Lescott. How blinkered can you get ? No wonder Everton trounce Mancini's teams at will ;)

Distin was 31 when gollum purchased him
Lescott has won the FA Cup and Premier League and been integral to the best defence in the league 2 years running. You keep your old man im pretty sure we got a decent deal for our £24 million

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.