City agree fee for Jack Rodwell

waspish said:
MSP said:
you are f*****g deluded if you think that every signing til The End of the World would be 30m one.

Yep..you might as well bang hour head against the wall with some fans because some fans think we should be spending 30m and forget our main squad is busting at the seams with top players who are hard to be replaced

Couldn't agree more!

Everton fan here responding with my honest opinion. Will use bullets for clarity, negatives first:

CONS:

* Poor passing rate
* Not the best tackler
* Passes sideways or backwards often because...
* ...lacks vision and creativity
* Injury prone
* Doesn't have a best position
* Does not excel at anything in particular, average at everything
* Has never convinced as a centre back outside youth leagues

PROS:

* Decent engine on him. Potential for box to box play
* Decent shot on the rare occasions when he gets forwards
* Utility player
* 21 years old with several Prem League seasons behind him
* European experience
* Full England international
* Potential to improve if played in an attacking formation (which Moyes never plays)

So basically, he is English and still has potential. I doubt he will EVER be a centre back but I can see him improving his game if Mancini plays him as a box to box midfielder in an attacking formation.

Thing that worries me most is his injury record. How many games did he get last season ?

Those of you who are surprised shouldn't be. The gaffer has been trying to sign Rodwell for two years now. I'm sure that one of the respected ITK's on the forum will confirm that.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Tony101 said:
NQCitizen said:
12 million (if that's right) for a young, homegrown player who can cover most of central midfield and defence seems like a pretty good deal to me. Definitely worth giving him a chance, Mancini himself said he sees him as a future England regular.
nooo 12 million is alot of money. Thats what Arsenal signed for cazorla. They signed 10 million for France top scorer and international striker and 11 million for Podolski who has 100 caps for Germany.

12 million is alot of money, not a small fee gambling on a kid. This thread and the Sinclair thread has shown me how some people in here has lost touch with reality when they feel 8 & 12 million are fees you gamble on youngsters. For 12 million I want a player who I know can contribute to the first team and seriously challenge for a place straight away, not a youngster with potential

Aresnal also spent £15 million on a 16 year old Walcott who didnt play for seasons and £8 million for oxlaide chamberlain who was used sparringly and a lot more than they proberly wanted to
You're seriously comparing Oxlade-Chamberlain to Rodwell?<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:32 am --<br /><br />
Noelsnapkin said:
Possibly to play with Kompany and Lescott in a back three.
This isn't even funny.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
mad zab said:
Well Mancini has just been interviewed and is very happy about his signing.

Dont piss on his fire he is frantically buying players for £100 million on Football Manager
If he was buying overrated players on football manager Rodwell would be top of the list

I didnt say overrated

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Tony101 said:
NQCitizen said:
12 million (if that's right) for a young, homegrown player who can cover most of central midfield and defence seems like a pretty good deal to me. Definitely worth giving him a chance, Mancini himself said he sees him as a future England regular.
nooo 12 million is alot of money. Thats what Arsenal signed for cazorla. They signed 10 million for France top scorer and international striker and 11 million for Podolski who has 100 caps for Germany.

12 million is alot of money, not a small fee gambling on a kid. This thread and the Sinclair thread has shown me how some people in here has lost touch with reality when they feel 8 & 12 million are fees you gamble on youngsters. For 12 million I want a player who I know can contribute to the first team and seriously challenge for a place straight away, not a youngster with potential

Aresnal also spent £15 million on a 16 year old Walcott who didnt play for seasons and £8 million for oxlaide chamberlain who was used sparringly and a lot more than they proberly wanted to

If he contribute to what Walcott does for Arsenal9I know different positions) Then 12 million is great. Also Arsenal actually spend 9 million on Walcott. They had a 12 million which was about 5 million in advance and rest on different clause. Southampton went bankrupt before any was reached and Southampton asked them money in advance and they got 4 million straight and that was that.

As far as Chamberlain goes, Im sorry, but you can see the raw talent the kid has. Did you see his performance against us in the last friendly where he played central midfield?

arthur said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
arthur said:
In a fully fit Everton squad he would not be picked, he'd be on the bench, well behind Fellaini and even Darren Gibson, if Everton get anything like the rumoured £20m it will be regarded as a bigger steal than getting £24m for Lescott who was worth about £10m .

Lescott has more than paid his gollum inflated transfer fee back to City while also making gollum look like a fucking clown

Except that Distin, who moyes got for £5m is a far better player than Lescott. How blinkered can you get ? No wonder Everton trounce Mancini's teams at will ;)

Can I have some of what you are on please?
Distin is nowhere near as good as Lescott, but that doesn't suit your agenda hey?

44% said:
Man city should have buyed ross barkley , much brighter prospect , you may disagree but these are my own views

£18m is a lot of fees , not sure he's a improvement on what city got

taconinja said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Tony101 said:

You're seriously comparing Oxlade-Chamberlain to Rodwell?

-- Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:32 am --

Noelsnapkin said:
Possibly to play with Kompany and Lescott in a back three.
This isn't even funny.

Im nto sure where i compared Rodwell to Chamberlain you were saying how much Arsenal paid for good players I was pointing out that in the past they have also forked out money on yougsters that are not the finished prospect like all other top teams do.<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:35 pm --<br /><br />
Tony101 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Tony101 said:

If he contribute to what Walcott does for Arsenal9I know different positions) Then 12 million is great. Also Arsenal actually spend 9 million on Walcott. They had a 12 million which was about 5 million in advance and rest on different clause. Southampton went bankrupt before any was reached and Southampton asked them money in advance and they got 4 million straight and that was that.

As far as Chamberlain goes, Im sorry, but you can see the raw talent the kid has. Did you see his performance against us in the last friendly where he played central midfield?

Christ someone else that made a completly different point to what i was gettin at

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.