City agree fee for Jack Rodwell

BoyBlue_1985 said:
taconinja said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Aresnal also spent £15 million on a 16 year old Walcott who didnt play for seasons and £8 million for oxlaide chamberlain who was used sparringly and a lot more than they proberly wanted to
You're seriously comparing Oxlade-Chamberlain to Rodwell?

-- Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:32 am --

Noelsnapkin said:
Possibly to play with Kompany and Lescott in a back three.
This isn't even funny.

Im nto sure where i compared Rodwell to Chamberlain you were saying how much Arsenal paid for good players I was pointing out that in the past they have also forked out money on yougsters that are not the finished prospect like all other top teams do.

-- Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:35 pm --

Tony101 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Aresnal also spent £15 million on a 16 year old Walcott who didnt play for seasons and £8 million for oxlaide chamberlain who was used sparringly and a lot more than they proberly wanted to

If he contribute to what Walcott does for Arsenal9I know different positions) Then 12 million is great. Also Arsenal actually spend 9 million on Walcott. They had a 12 million which was about 5 million in advance and rest on different clause. Southampton went bankrupt before any was reached and Southampton asked them money in advance and they got 4 million straight and that was that.

As far as Chamberlain goes, Im sorry, but you can see the raw talent the kid has. Did you see his performance against us in the last friendly where he played central midfield?

Christ someone else that made a completly different point to what i was gettin at

12 million to cover two problem positions with a player touted with a lot potential, is, while not "cheap" fairly economic I'd think.

I am presuming we won't get the everton fans on here moaning now it's clear we are a top move for players these days. hope we haven't paid more than £12 million for him I don't rate him that highly.

On a side not they sold Cahill for penny's as well this summer the goals might have dried up and he was getting on a bit but he seemed such and important player for them.

They must be desperate for money ?

Only concern is his lack of games, 14 last season but then he is only 21.

Has had injury problems. Hopefully with our squad quality and medical team he will get the support he needs to develop into a fine player.

Versatile player who is homegrown.

Could develop into a top player. Be interested to see how he performs for England v Italy on Wednesday.

I think people are forgetting that we already have a squad full of top class talent. We all (the rational ones anyway) can agree that all we really need is cover for those players, and by signing Rodwell (and I'll assume Sinclair) we're signing two young english players with potential to fill that role, rather than spending wildly on someone like Martinez.

I'll admit I wanted Hazard, De Rossi, and I still wouldn't mind Agger if we're going to keep this 3-5-2 going, but these moves that we are making do make sense.

I honestly can't believe that some of our fans are thick enough to believe that any player is brought into our club without Mancini wanting them.

alera said:
I am presuming we won't get the everton fans on here moaning now it's clear we are a top move for players these days. hope we haven't paid more than £12 million for him I don't rate him that highly.

On a side not they sold Cahill for penny's as well this summer the goals might have dried up and he was getting on a bit but he seemed such and important player for them.

They must be desperate for money ?

We always are desperate for money, Cahill has been utterly dreadful for a couple of seasons and ofcourse City is a fantastic move (both for football and financial reasons)

Rodwell though isnt good enough for us never mind you

My problem with this is he's not fit to lace dejongs boots (and he's probably going for nothing) and has never really done anything. He has a poor injury record as well.

Seems a bit of a panic buy to me. No where near as good as what we already have in Milner, Dejong, Barry so it's a bit difficult to see how it's a step forward.

More so when we have so much cover in that position already.

As always I will give benefit of the doubt and go with Mancini. He is English and is young and can still improve. Providing it's only the rumoured 12 million it's not too much of a risk.

I can tell you honestly I have never rated him though and many of the everton fans don't rate him either so it's a very underwhelming transfer to be sure.

The reactions get worse. It really is pathetic on the part of some Blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.