City agree fee for Jack Rodwell

Re: Rodwell bid...

How much did you make on that January transfer bet?

bluefandk said:
SebastianBlue said:
bluefandk said:
Most people who support Everton thinks Gollum is a good maneger, tells you everything you need to know about their football knowledge.

That is frightening, I agree, but this is a bit different. Either the club that has trained him from young age is wrong or the club that has scouted from the outside-looking-in is wrong about his potential. Usually (not always) it is the latter.

But, as I said, I hope he turns out to be a great player.

Mancini has a pretty good trackrecord when it comes to improving players, he certainly is much better at it than Gollum, time will tell though.

Seriously?? Look Im an Everton fan and realise my club and manager arent overly popular on here. Now for the record I hate Utd and Liverpool and thus loved the fact that you won the league so Ive nothing against your side

However the suggestion that Moyes isnt a good manager and doesnt improve players is utterly laughable. Also the suggestion that Mancini improves players is equally daft. Your club uses a scatter gun approach to transfers. For every one you can say hes improved I could name 2 on massive money who have turned to shit under him. Personally, and I realise my opinion isnt worth very much on here, I think youve got a great side and the weak link is your below par manager. You'll dominate English football inspite of him not because of him

Good replacement for Barry when he finishes in a year or two, insurance policy if NDJ doesn't sign a contract and leaves next year. Maybe his first team appearance may be limited this year but if he improves his time will come, only have to look at the Mancini quotes to know he was one of his singings. If he can play CB that is an added advantage which no doubt Mancini will exploit.

Blue Haze said:
rastus said:
Blue Haze said:
So, think about this. We fill out our English quota, at a premium for sure, but with a player who can play two positions.

Now, rags were going for Baines, who has played much better than the leaky Evra recently. Worst case, Fellaini to rags is still a possibility. I've seen Everton fans who say they needed to sell a player, and we've paid enough money so that they don't need to sell Baines or Fellaini.

Is this a strategy?

Please no Fellaini to rags......I think if there was a strategy we should have signed him

True, I would have rather had Fellaini. He would have been very pricey, though.

Jack could very well be insurance that rags won't get Baines or Fellaini. I don't think Everton will sell anyone now, £15m is plenty for them to keep their squad together for another season.
Hopefully so, but a 20mil bid for Fellaini would have been my preffered option..but what the frk do I know ;)

Andouble said:
SWP's back said:
Andouble said:
if you look through my post history, I haven't had a moan about this, I just know you don't like me. I am indifferent to it at the moment. I don't think he is great nor really has a place in the current team but he will improve.

But the transfer fee plays a huge part to many whether or not they think it will be a good addition.
You answered the question about people moaning with random numbers, I did likewise and asked so why moan? If you don't want people to think you have been moaning, then don't answer a question about why you are moaning.

As for not liking you, I've no idea where you get that from. I've no idea about your opinion on anything, I really couldn't place your username, sorry.

lol. You've responded to every one of my posts you've disagreed with over the past two seasons. But whatever, I've no time for this.

But yes, at this moment in time, 12, 15, 18, or 20 mil (all of the fees that have been 'reported') are all high for a second string Everton player.
Sorry I'll make sure I agree a bit if you're feeling victimised.

I was unaware we were buying a second string player, I thought we were buying a talented young player for the future. As I say, I'm not bothered by the fee as I'm not picking up the bill.

Jumanji said:
CityCTID said:
i♥city! said:
Correct me if i am wrong but are you saying we should be happy because we got a player the rags were also interested in ?
Daily Star - True Stories lol
Isn't that the same paper with that Mancini Rodwell quote in 2010.

That paper is notorious for fake quotes. Almost certain they've been sued before (or at least threatened)...Dunno...

mm reports by Daily Star only ..

Gareth1979 said:
bluefandk said:
SebastianBlue said:
That is frightening, I agree, but this is a bit different. Either the club that has trained him from young age is wrong or the club that has scouted from the outside-looking-in is wrong about his potential. Usually (not always) it is the latter.

Mancini has a pretty good trackrecord when it comes to improving players, he certainly is much better at it than Gollum, time will tell though.

Seriously?? Look Im an Everton fan and realise my club and manager arent overly popular on here. Now for the record I hate Utd and Liverpool and thus loved the fact that you won the league so Ive nothing against your side

However the suggestion that Moyes isnt a good manager and doesnt improve players is utterly laughable. Also the suggestion that Mancini improves players is equally daft. Your club uses a scatter gun approach to transfers. For every one you can say hes improved I could name 2 on massive money who have turned to shit under him. Personally, and I realise my opinion isnt worth very much on here, I think youve got a great side and the weak link is your below par manager. You'll dominate English football inspite of him not because of him

Anybody who thinks Gollum is a better maneger than Mancini knows fuck all about football, City play exciting attacking football and Gollums team instruction is " go out and kick the fuck out of them"

Gollum better than Mancini ha ha thats as deluded as the red scousers desperately trying to pretend that King Kenny was better than Mancini.

Are all scousers fuckwits?

Gareth1979 said:
bluefandk said:
SebastianBlue said:

Rest easy on Moyes hes a very good manager with the limitations he works within. He was eager for a move though to the trotters and you cant blame him so I think he may be stale this comming season.

Just listened to Platt's interview and it sounded like Mancini actually wanted him and has followed him for a long time. Maybe he is disappointed that we probably won't get De Rossi or such but IMO, we have space for another top midfielder when there is one available. There wasn't just an opportunity this window.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.