City and Chelsea to Fail Financial Fair Play....

SWP's back said:
blueinsa said:
You sound like a fucking Tory spin doctor.

Tell mine and many, many thousands of others bank accounts we are not in a recession.

Say what you want, but the country is not in a recession by any definable definition of the word.

That is not a Tory or politics thing but an economics thing.

As for your bank account? So what, that has nothing to do with the subject matter of recession. There are many thousands of healthy bank accounts also. Why bring any of that up?

I was answering a poster that said we "were in the midst (middle) of a recession". I have simply shown we are not.

We are in a period of low consumer confidence, which is a different thing. If BluePaul had said that, I wouldn't have pulled him up.

GDP growth is less than average, and that means we're still in recession. Let's not mention the ol' quantitative easing and low interest rate, we're still very much in recession and may sink back in when the effects of the cuts are felt.

Also, low consumer confidence is what made the recession worse. Recession and low consumer confidence are not 2 different types of economic downturn. It's people like you who think they know what they're talking about and vote for the bloody Tories. I'd put money on you being worried about the deficit too, even though our bond yield is one of the lowest in the world.

citysky said:
SWP's back said:
The rag also says hotels etc don't count when we all know the DO count if local to the ground. Fail from the off.

can anyone explain this, a rag friend of mine is giving me shit about this

They are wrong.

I answered it earlier if you check back.

I could also post the FFPR doc but its mostly boring

citysky said:
SWP's back said:
The rag also says hotels etc don't count when we all know the DO count if local to the ground. Fail from the off.

The article says that amenities not directly associated with the club will not count, when the opposite is true.

For instance, if City built a leisure complex the balance from that would be added to the balance for the entire club, and be submitted to UEFA. This gives us an edge in that we can include more revenue streams so our club can match up to these daft rules.

citysky said:
SWP's back said:

Revenue generated from businesses around the ground which are owned by the club DO count towards the calculation, hotels are specifically mentioned. In addition, revenue generated from ALL businesses clearly using City branding also count. As fbloke suggested, we could see blue moon hotels in various locations. There are lots of ways to raise money through commercial operations. Rags power wanking over FFP are going to be very disappointed with the climax. City will enter the elite of football and UEFA will ensure that we cannot be removed by shutting the door behind us, thus maintaining the current oligarchy plus City.

Skashion said:
citysky said:
Revenue generated from businesses around the ground which are owned by the club DO count towards the calculation, hotels are specifically mentioned. In addition, revenue generated from ALL businesses clearly using City branding also count. As fbloke suggested, we could see blue moon hotels in various locations. There are lots of ways to raise money through commercial operations. Rags power wanking over FFP are going to be very disappointed with the climax. City will enter the elite of football and UEFA will ensure that we cannot be removed by shutting the door behind us, thus maintaining the current oligarchy plus City.

Do you remember when people were laughing at the idea of City burger bars, cars, restaurants etc?

I wonder why that was being discussed by Cook under Frank?

Who is laughing now.

Dom38 said:
SWP's back said:
Say what you want, but the country is not in a recession by any definable definition of the word.

That is not a Tory or politics thing but an economics thing.

As for your bank account? So what, that has nothing to do with the subject matter of recession. There are many thousands of healthy bank accounts also. Why bring any of that up?

I was answering a poster that said we "were in the midst (middle) of a recession". I have simply shown we are not.

We are in a period of low consumer confidence, which is a different thing. If BluePaul had said that, I wouldn't have pulled him up.

GDP growth is less than average, and that means we're still in recession. Let's not mention the ol' quantitative easing and low interest rate, we're still very much in recession and may sink back in when the effects of the cuts are felt.

Also, low consumer confidence is what made the recession worse. Recession and low consumer confidence are not 2 different types of economic downturn. It's people like you who think they know what they're talking about and vote for the bloody Tories. I'd put money on you being worried about the deficit too, even though our bond yield is one of the lowest in the world.
Recession is used to describe 2 successive quarters of negative growth

and what about Real Madrid? :\ They've spent over £200M on transfers the past 2 seasons and have won NOTHING.

SWP's back said:
Rammy Blue said:
Yes we are.

No, we are not.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=192" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=192</a>

GDP is still growing, though the rate of growth is slowing down.

A recession is a downturn in GDP. At present, (Q4 2010), GDP was growing by 1.5%. Therefore, we are not in a recession. We actually emerged from the recession in 2009.

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8479639.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8479639.stm</a>

Happy now?

Course we are still in recession, we've been in one for years and now is far worse than 12 months ago.

Just because some cock and bull figures say GDP has to fall twice on consecutive quarterly figures in order for it to be classed as recession is utter horseshit.

Answer me this then....

Why does it take 2 consecutive quarters of contraction to be classed as recession yet only takes 1 quarter of growth to be classed as out of recession?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.