City and Chelsea to Fail Financial Fair Play....

fbloke said:
Can we not leave the talk of recession and definitions for another time and place?

Thats surely Thread Fair Play?

That's fine with you mate but I'm being educated on two topics in one thread.

SWP's back said:
Dom38 said:
GDP growth is less than average, and that means we're still in recession. Let's not mention the ol' quantitative easing and low interest rate, we're still very much in recession and may sink back in when the effects of the cuts are felt.

Also, low consumer confidence is what made the recession worse. Recession and low consumer confidence are not 2 different types of economic downturn. It's people like you who think they know what they're talking about and vote for the bloody Tories. I'd put money on you being worried about the deficit too, even though our bond yield is one of the lowest in the world.
No dom, recession does not mean that at all. A recession Defined in this country (a reduction in GDP) is not currently in effect. Things such as QE and interest rate are nothing to do with a recession. As evidenced by the BBC and Office of national statistics links I posted.

As for me not knowing what I'm on about, I do just fine thanks and have managed to run a financial advice practice quite well despite my obviously limited knowledge.

But we ain't in a fucking recession. Whatever you think. Thanks.

I'm sorry, but I put the actual definition of a recession up there, you must have missed it, but it isn't 2 subsequent quarters of negative growth. That was theorised in an article 35 years ago and is a definition that isn't used in any capacity any more.

And you're right, QE and IR have nothing to do with a recession, other than being tools to fight the effects of it. Our interest rate is still low to encourage borrowing. You think QI is used and low interest rates are put there for a laugh?

allan harper said:
fbloke said:
Can we not leave the talk of recession and definitions for another time and place?

Thats surely Thread Fair Play?

Lol, perhaps the fact that I have an A level in economics explains my boredom?

Contango day will be the next tangent I expect.......

SWP's back said:
As for me not knowing what I'm on about, I do just fine thanks and have managed to run a financial advice practice quite well despite my obviously limited knowledge.

Out of interest - are you doing better than you were 12 months ago, mate?

fbloke said:
allan harper said:

Is it fair to say you're reaching breaking point ?

allan harper said:
fbloke said:

Is it fair to say you're reaching breaking point ?

More like a tipping point TBH ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.