City and Chelsea to Fail Financial Fair Play....

tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueinsa said:
Thanks to TH and fb for the replies and whilst i always knew that future sponsorships would be exciting i really don't think we have grasped what it is will happen to us just yet, especially in financial terms.

I for one am looking forward to the day that CL is in the bank and deals can be announced.

So does Khaldoon...hence his little reminder what Champs League football will mean for this club.

Each year we miss out, is a frustration in terms of what Shiekh Mansour and Khaldoon visualise for our club in the years ahead.

They want to start playing this game for real. I believe the leisure attraction, alone, will generate sponsorship monies most clubs have never dreamed of.

City will be a £1billion club in the years to come and a licence to print money.

And why huge crowds will be subsidised as a result.

I feel another tipping point thread coming up in about, er, say, ten weeks?

Great news, cheers mate.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueinsa said:
Thanks to TH and fb for the replies and whilst i always knew that future sponsorships would be exciting i really don't think we have grasped what it is will happen to us just yet, especially in financial terms.

I for one am looking forward to the day that CL is in the bank and deals can be announced.

So does Khaldoon...hence his little reminder what Champs League football will mean for this club.

Each year we miss out, is a frustration in terms of what Shiekh Mansour and Khaldoon visualise for our club in the years ahead.

They want to start playing this game for real. I believe the leisure attraction, alone, will generate sponsorship monies most clubs have never dreamed of.

City will be a £1billion club in the years to come and a licence to print money.

And why huge crowds will be subsidised as a result.

I feel another tipping point thread coming up in about, er, say, ten weeks?

Very, very possibly ;-)

I decided to stir the pot a little about a month ago over on Bleacher. For some reason fans fo the other 'big' clubs cannot see it?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-biggest-club-commercially-within-five-years

And the interesting £1bn figure appears in my piece as well TH!

ardwickboy said:
So if United say generate £1 million per game and a club like Bolton generate £100,000 per game, surely that will make the gap even bigger by the end of a season allowing clubs like united to be able to buy the best players and Bolton the cheaper players thus not allowing thw smaller clubs to get on even terms, or is it me not understanding all this?
Yep. Football won't be a competition. It will be a heirarchy. No longer will a new City be able to come along and buy a load of players and freshen up the whole top of the league. It'll be too late even for QPR. With there being no competition lower down the league attendances will drop as clubs just pump prices up to even get no where near close to competing. When attendances drop, excitement for the game will drop. Eventually the top teams will want a greater competition and there will be a European Super League and we'll have no trips to Blackburn taking 7000, we'll all be scratching and saving to even go to one or two away games a season in Italy, Spain or wherever witrth tickets for matches starting at £75.

I can see me enjoying football for about ten years and then it becoming a bit of a joke.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
bluemonkey71 said:
Oi Tolm get back on the quiet thread or else you'll infect this one :O)

I'm a carrier.

Or is that a courier?

Where's justalittlemoreeffortade when you need him.

I hear James Milner is a smokescreen.

Well I pray we do get top 4 and all these plans come to fruition.

I think the press have their heads buried in the sand concerning how we'll adapt to FFFP. They are going to get blown away by the City juggernaut.

danburge82 said:
ardwickboy said:
So if United say generate £1 million per game and a club like Bolton generate £100,000 per game, surely that will make the gap even bigger by the end of a season allowing clubs like united to be able to buy the best players and Bolton the cheaper players thus not allowing thw smaller clubs to get on even terms, or is it me not understanding all this?
Yep. Football won't be a competition. It will be a heirarchy. No longer will a new City be able to come along and buy a load of players and freshen up the whole top of the league. It'll be too late even for QPR. With there being no competition lower down the league attendances will drop as clubs just pump prices up to even get no where near close to competing. When attendances drop, excitement for the game will drop. Eventually the top teams will want a greater competition and there will be a European Super League and we'll have no trips to Blackburn taking 7000, we'll all be scratching and saving to even go to one or two away games a season in Italy, Spain or wherever witrth tickets for matches starting at £75.

I can see me enjoying football for about ten years and then it becoming a bit of a joke.

I agree with all of that, except the last bit. A European Super League of some sort seems inevitable to me, and I'm looking forward to it. Top quality games week in week out. No cloggers like Stoke or Everton trying to kick the shit out of our vastly superior players, or infecting our posh new stadium with their bitter chants. Can't wait.

Manchester City have acquired the biggest shirt sponsor deal in history, this deal is only for champions league matches.

Manchester City fail to qualify for the second round of the champions league.

bluemonkey71 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'm a carrier.

Or is that a courier?

Where's justalittlemoreeffortade when you need him.

I hear James Milner is a smokescreen.

Well I pray we do get top 4 and all these plans come to fruition.

I think the press have their heads buried in the sand concerning how we'll adapt to FFPR. They are going to get blown away by the City juggernaut.

I think we'll all be blown away by the City juggernaut to be honest............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.