City and Chelsea to Fail Financial Fair Play....

LoveCity said:
The wage bill will surely be slashed big time next year. Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Bridge, Shauny(?), Bellamy, Jo, Given, Vieira, and Onuoha all look to be on the way out. At a rough guess that must total around 650k/week in wages. I know we'll buy but I doubt there will be too many marquee players coming in (unless Tevez leaves in which case it would just be replacing one wage bill with another). If you swap say Hennessey for Given, Lukaku & Guidetti/Nimely for Adebayor & Jo & Santa Cruz, Coentrão for Bridge, Hazard/Sanchez/Mata (one of) & Weiss for SWP & Bellamy, you're probably looking at a huge saving on wages, enough to sign one big marquee player (ie, Sneijder for the middle) after that and still be saving big money. We also have M. Johnson and Assulin who, if they can find fitness and form, would be like two new signings and save us some transfer money.

Here's the thing though, we'll probably have to pay off a load of these contracts so there won't be 'big money' saved. The players aren't going to just taken a 50-80% pay cut at their new clubs, who on earth would give up the stupid money we'd pay??
Like a lot on this thread, we're seeing things from perhaps too much of a positive perspective. The club faces huge challenges and I reiterate that those on the board making these whopper decisions should pay with their jobs.

blue_paul said:
LoveCity said:
The wage bill will surely be slashed big time next year. Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Bridge, Shauny(?), Bellamy, Jo, Given, Vieira, and Onuoha all look to be on the way out. At a rough guess that must total around 650k/week in wages. I know we'll buy but I doubt there will be too many marquee players coming in (unless Tevez leaves in which case it would just be replacing one wage bill with another). If you swap say Hennessey for Given, Lukaku & Guidetti/Nimely for Adebayor & Jo & Santa Cruz, Coentrão for Bridge, Hazard/Sanchez/Mata (one of) & Weiss for SWP & Bellamy, you're probably looking at a huge saving on wages, enough to sign one big marquee player (ie, Sneijder for the middle) after that and still be saving big money. We also have M. Johnson and Assulin who, if they can find fitness and form, would be like two new signings and save us some transfer money.

Here's the thing though, we'll probably have to pay off a load of these contracts so there won't be 'big money' saved. The players aren't going to just taken a 50-80% pay cut at their new clubs, who on earth would give up the stupid money we'd pay??
Like a lot on this thread, we're seeing things from perhaps too much of a positive perspective. The club faces huge challenges and I reiterate that those on the board making these whopper decisions should pay with their jobs.

Robinho took a pay-cut. And reports say that he is earning in Milan half of the money he was earning here. Respect to him.

Also...i dont think they will look to pay them out of their contracts. If they can't find another club..they will probly play in the reserves 1 more year till their contract is out or if they decided that this was enough and accept a pay cut to another club.

Im sure clubs will sign them...but if they can't pay all of their wages...we probly have to help. There is always a way.

It's hard to see just how City are gonna pull this around , or cope with it ... but then again we are Platinis principal target and he'll be watchin' us like a hawk , he doesn't expect us to meet his regulations , and he's gonna be mightily distraught if we do!

As for Chelsea , they're just along for the ride!

blue_paul said:
@ FBloke,

Can you give me some sort of analysis about how we'll increase revenues, using the land adjacent to the ground please? We're still taking a risk in developing there surely, especially in the midst of a recession.

We are NOT in a recession.

IIRC wages and depreciation from the older contracts don't count toward the fair play rule, that's a huge amount of our loss.

Player sales will count though, and the likes of Adebayor, Bellamy, Bridge, RSC all sold in the summer will count as additional revenue.

SWP's back said:
blue_paul said:
@ FBloke,

Can you give me some sort of analysis about how we'll increase revenues, using the land adjacent to the ground please? We're still taking a risk in developing there surely, especially in the midst of a recession.

We are NOT in a recession.

Yes we are.

Irrespective of the recession or not the developments we are talking about will happen and will rake in ooodles of cash.

How that money is made is impossible to say until we know what the destination is, but the talk of a world class leisure destination attraction 6 million visitors a year (and lets not forget that that is only one element of developments) means an average spend well north of £50per visitor, per day.

The maths makes the number quite staggering - £300m per year from that alone.

But lets not forget that we might see average revenues from an extended stadium increase by perhaps £1m+ per match as well - that could add a further £30m from CL and other games.

Revenue from naming rights could very well be £20m per year.

Money will be rolling in and thats why I and Tolmie have suggested that City might well be the first £1bn turnover club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.