City and West Ham fans

Always had a bit of a soft spot for them. I think it's because my mate at school sort of followed them. His old man was a cockney living up north and he was one of the only others that went to any games in my school. At an estimate 90 percent of my year were rags, 5 percent dippers and 5 percent everybody else combined.

Went with them once to Elland Road and they got battered 4-0 I think with Hasselbaink running riot. Returned the favour by sticking him in the UU block the year we got relegated under Royle. Suprisingly we won through a scabby goal from Goater and Carlo Nash having a blinder if I remember correctly. At that point I think we had 7 points in 3 games and there was hope of a great escape...... it didn't last long!

1987, Upton Park, anyone who was there will know
Top day out. Must admit when they ran on the pitch I thought it would me a massacre. Outstanding respect shown by them, unbelievable experience leaving the stadium. Normally frightened for you life, but friendship, buying us beers - an an amazing day that will stay with me until my passing.

Went away to Upton Park 16 years ago this weekend and they invited me and my mates into one of their pubs where it looked a bit dodgy at first and we nearly didn’t take them up on the offer but they were sound and bought us a few pints and we all had a good sing about Spurs and United.

Always had a bit of a soft spot for them. I think it's because my mate at school sort of followed them. His old man was a cockney living up north and he was one of the only others that went to any games in my school. At an estimate 90 percent of my year were rags, 5 percent dippers and 5 percent everybody else combined.

Went with them once to Elland Road and they got battered 4-0 I think with Hasselbaink running riot. Returned the favour by sticking him in the UU block the year we got relegated under Royle. Suprisingly we won through a scabby goal from Goater and Carlo Nash having a blinder if I remember correctly. At that point I think we had 7 points in 3 games and there was hope of a great escape...... it didn't last long!
Oi; Goater never scored scabby goals.

Some Wigan fans might beg to differ, mind!

Oi; Goater never scored scabby goals.

Some Wigan fans might beg to differ, mind!

Not the most cultured of footballers but I've not come across a player since that's been able to score with so many different parts of their anatomy.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.