City and West Ham fans

Actually talk/sound like Londoners West Ham, proper cockney, not that bobbins that the majority of Arsenal talk
My mate is a hammer and lives in Manc. and when they were relegated with about 42 points a few years back, they played Preston away first game of season. (Think it was the last time Carrick was with them before the twat signed for the rags). It was a 12pm kick off and he dragged me along. They sold out the full away end at Preston and most were Londoners. It reminded me of when we went to Div 2 and our first away was Fulham on a Friday night and our end was packed. Similar fan base.

Agree with most of the above but a lot over simplifies what going to matches was like in the 80s. The ICF were in the top 2 or 3 firms in '87. They had brought possibly the biggest firm I'd ever seen to Maine Road earlier that season. Going to Upton Park was always dodgy for all teams. That day in May I suspect City took more than any team had done during the hooligan era. That includes the Cockney clubs.
I remember getting there and you could pay on the gate and stewards/police had to open a section usually used for segregation to allow all the City fans in. It was a brilliant turn out by us and a lot of handy lads too. Trouble seemed inevitable. At the end when WH came on the pitch I thought all hell would break loose but genuinely think there was mutual admiration from both sets of fans which has lasted to this day. A day never to be forgotten. Liked them ever since, even more after today. COYI

Slight issue with this, says West Ham were singing Blue Moon to us, but didn't we only start singing it about 89/90ish
Yep Kendall was manager, the first rendition was on the kippax at one of the xmas/new year fixtures. A drunk started it, I was stood about 5 yards away from him.

They're the closest thing to the southern version of us as you'll get, at least pre-takeover city. Always had respect for west ham because of that. Definitely worn off a bit on their part now we are successful but that was bound to happen. Would like to see them doing well ahead of most of the league and hope they stay up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.