City and WWE

Used to really enjoy WWF/WWE back in the day of the Taker, Gen X, Rock even the Crushes of this world but it ended up taking itself too serious if that's possible.

Not seen anything of it in years but, apparently still big with the kids.

It's like the third kit shirts, this sort of thing prints money but isn't aimed at us over 60 junior FOC's.

Silverlake bought them and UFC a few months ago, this was always gonna happen, the CO-OP will be hosting shows just like UFC, we are partners through our part owner

Yep, this is the key point.

Although some of the opinions here about wrestling are fucking mad.

Anyway, I liked the CM Punk one and will be wearing it next season.

Why not join forces with the Ashton-U-Lyne Hippodrome's annual pantomime instead. Same form of entertainment.

Because Ashton Under Lyne Hippodrome's annual pantomime doesn't have a 100 million viewers, social media engagement larger than every PL club and a market cap of 18 billion dollars.

It is also the 9th largest Youtube channel in the world, with 84bn views. That's also bigger than the NFL, NHL, MLB, PL, La Liga, etc. It's actually bigger than every single top European football club combined.

WWE aren't some obscure pantomime. It's 2024, they're one of the world's biggest entertainment brands and in terms of social media engagement, THE world's biggest entertainment brand. And about 40% of those people are in the 18-35 age group. This is an absolutely huge get.

Lol last time I knew anything about WWE was when it came over here for the first time at Wembley. My mate was a groundsman at Wembley at the time. He told me that everyone had to be outside of the stadium or in rooms that can not see the pitch, so it could be rehearsed without anyone seeing it.

That isn't how it works.

They call the match in the ring. They know the spots but they're improvising as the match continues. They don't run full rehearsals so your friend was mistaken.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.