City being underestimated again ?

Matty said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
City were underestimated for the majority of last season, nobody saw us coming, least of all Liverpool and their sycophantic cult.

Didn't turn out too badly.

We shouldn't look for platitudes and feint praise, just to feel that little bit warmer inside that we are somehow respected.

Respect is overrated. Fear is our greatest weapon.

The Liverpool lovefest, and the lack of media coverage of City's title run in last season was a source of continued annoyance for me. We were embroiled in a tight title race, which went down to the last day of the season, again, yet if you'd been dropped into Spring 2014 you'd have been hard pushed to realise that City were even in the hunt for the title, yet alone the side that would ultimately win the whole thing. If that's a measure of the way things will be if Liverpool are perennial title contenders then I, for one, hope they fall by the wayside early doors and that last season was an anomaly rather than an indicator of things to come.

absolutely ! the point i am making is I feel its happening again this year with Chelsea , the rags and pool all in the forefront...as champions I felt it was a bit disrespectful ...ofcourse we will know after the WC

At the moment I will happy if we sort our CB 1st...which i think will be soon enough when WC is over

Looking at the fixture list it's quite likely that if we do win it we will come from behind to do it, once again.
That would mean that the media would largely ignore us until right at the end.
I think that not having the media pressure on us helps and if we were to win from behind again a sort
of defeatist and inevitability mentality will descend upon our rivals which will help us going forward.
I think that that attitude prevailed when the Rags were dominating and was their greatest strength,
apart from the refereeing of course!

pirate said:
woolleyback blue said:
Title's aren't won by beating your nearest rivals, although it helps, they are won by consistently beating the remaining teams. Both Chelsea and Liverpool had their fate in their own hands last season and blew it by failing to win against lesser teams. I hate to mention them but its how the rags won so many, they rarely topped the top 4 mini league of them, arse, chelski and liverpool but they always outscored them points wise against the teams below. The end of last season showed how Mr Pellegrini had turned City into a points machine against the weakerteams, Everton away being a perfect example.

Mr P is one season older and wiser, unless Maureen gets Chelski doing the same as us against the weaker teams they won't win the title, Whinger has never learned how in all those yrs and Brenda showed he hasn't learned yet how to do it. I would say we are certainly favourites against those 3.

Again I hate to say it but last yr the rags had better away form than we did and if Vadge can get them grinding out the points at home they will certainly have a shout at top 4 and who knows?

My predictions

City
Chelski
Rags
Arse.

no they didnt, you have fallen for a rag media myth.

last season we had exactly the same away record W10, draw 4 lost 5. They did concede 2 less goals away from home, but we scored 4 more than them.

I don't really see the point of nit picking one line of my post just to try and berate me for having supposedly " fallen for a rag media myth"

tolmie's hairdoo said:
City were underestimated for the majority of last season, nobody saw us coming, least of all Liverpool and their sycophantic cult.

We shouldn't look for platitudes and feint praise, just to feel that little bit warmer inside that we are somehow respected.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tym0MObFpTI&list=RDTym0MObFpTI#t=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tym0MObF ... ObFpTI#t=0</a>

City are better off being underestimated, just like last year. It takes off some pressure from the players.

Matty said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

The Liverpool lovefest, and the lack of media coverage of City's title run in last season was a source of continued annoyance for me. We were embroiled in a tight title race, which went down to the last day of the season, again, yet if you'd been dropped into Spring 2014 you'd have been hard pushed to realise that City were even in the hunt for the title, yet alone the side that would ultimately win the whole thing. If that's a measure of the way things will be if Liverpool are perennial title contenders then I, for one, hope they fall by the wayside early doors and that last season was an anomaly rather than an indicator of things to come.

The other thing is that even now media coverage of the last season talks about "free-scoring Liverpool" or "highly entertaining style", yet no one seems to mention that the champions not only outscored them, they conceded less, played better football (lots of team goals), and created a new English record for the most goals scored in all competitions. Its like the latter doesn't exist.

Happy to be on the outside looking in. If the media want to give praise to the likes of Liverpool fine.

We will play our entertaining football, win our matches and celebrate more trophy success.

I prefer not having the pressure of being the favourite. Let Chelsea/Liverpool/the rags take that burden while we quietly get on with winning our games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.