City charge £2130 for kids to meet their stars (Hospitality & Tickets inc)

Wonder why? Something or somebody must have snubbed him when he thought he was the Sky super star presenter
No apparently he's just complete and utter tw@ who hates everybody, with his outspoken ramblings trying to gauge a reaction so he can big himself up and puff his chest out, like the hairy Neanderthalic knuckle scraping slack jawed pathetic excuse for a man he Is, sat there In his Ivory tower In the Middle East.

Look at our matchday income compared to others…

You will see turnover is usually classed as conmerical, broadcasting and matchday.

Our matchday is less then our main competitors.

The Execs will have been targeted in increasing this and as such anything is up for grabs.

You can have a meal now in the changing rooms before the team talk (ridiculous).

But it is what it is.

Parents paying for a once in a lifetime opportunity for their kid, I don’t think is as bad as the above.

Is the price too much, probably not as if it’s not selling the price would be lower.

Is it fair on kids who would like to do it, but parents can’t afford it. Possibly not, but not exactly City’s fault and one that transcends football.

The prices are obscene no matter how you look at it. If people can afford it it and are prepared to pay it - then fine.
But for me those prices are immoral.
Hold on, is it obscene, fine or immoral? It can't be all 3.

I presume you think the same of the price of a Porsche Boxster for instance?

Is it fair on kids who would like to do it, but parents can’t afford it. Possibly not, but not exactly City’s fault and one that transcends football.
You could say the same about qualifying to be a ball boy. Yes; there's no money involved, as far as I am aware. But I'm pretty sure that only kids in the academy can be ball boys and girls now. The days of an "ordinary" kid getting that chance is a thing of the past.

You could say the same about qualifying to be a ball boy. Yes; there's no money involved, as far as I am aware. But I'm pretty sure that only kids in the academy can be ball boys and girls now. The days of an "ordinary" kid getting that chance is a thing of the past.

My son when he was younger shouted Kiddo over and Kiddo spent a minute talking to him, he went away and came back with a goodie bag for my lad took the time out which was the most important thing.

Now Kiddo is my sons favourite ex player, you don't need all this razzmatazz you just need the human touch.

It's the same as concert tickets.
Years ago you.could stand outside the back stage door and get an autograph or a photo before or after the gig (and no, I never did that) where as now the artists are whisked inside by security and for a fee which rises depending on the popularity of the artist, you can pay extra for a "meet n greet" selfie and autograph.
Multi millionaires charging £150 plus for a selfie.....
I wanted to do this when Lisa Stansfield was in town a few years ago, as we almost date once (well, nearly had a dance in 'Dukes'!) but sadly, I had to go out of town.... ;-(

My son when he was younger shouted Kiddo over and Kiddo spent a minute talking to him, he went away and came back with a goodie bag for my lad took the time out which was the most important thing.

Now Kiddo is my sons favourite ex player, you don't need all this razzmatazz you just need the human touch.
I met my all-time hero King Colin at an FA Cup youth match, Boldmere St Michaels vs Citys' youngsters. And i rather sheepishly said, "Colin sir" and held out my hand (I had my City scarf on) and he properly shook my hand and we then had a 15+ minute conversation about City. I lived in Sutton Coldfield at the time and told KC that i was a long-time ST holder and regular away game goer. And he said "You're a true blue going all that way to home games!" at this point for some unfathomable reason, showed him my ST which for some, again unfathomable reason, I had taken to the match!
A nicer bloke you couldn't wish to meet and he absolutely loved the club.
Years later, I was lucky enough to be in my besties box at The Etihad and KC came in after the game to 'present' me with the match ball and we got talking, i reminded him that we had met previously at a City youth FA Cup match and he remembered me as the guy at "Boldmere St Mike's"....
Club Legend of the highest order!

I met my all-time hero King Colin at an FA Cup youth match, Boldmere St Michaels vs Citys' youngsters. And i rather sheepishly said, "Colin sir" and held out my hand (I had my City scarf on) and he properly shook my hand and we then had a 15+ minute conversation about City. I lived in Sutton Coldfield at the time and told KC that i was a long-time ST holder and regular away game goer. And he said "You're a true blue going all that way to home games!" at this point for some unfathomable reason, showed him my ST which for some, again unfathomable reason, I had taken to the match!
A nicer bloke you couldn't wish to meet and he absolutely loved the club.
Years later, I was lucky enough to be in my besties box at The Etihad and KC came in after the game to 'present' me with the match ball and we got talking, i reminded him that we had met previously at a City youth FA Cup match and he remembered me as the guy at "Boldmere St Mike's"....
Club Legend of the highest order!

Didn't have the balls to speak to him on an airport shuttle bus because I didn't want to bother him, that's a lovely memory you have of who I consider to be the best player we have ever had mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.