City circle relocating

It seems to be a year since anyone heard anything from the club about this (nice customer service eh?). In the last communication in January 2014 this email address was left for enquiries - citycircle@mcfc.co.uk - I've just sent one.

The club get so much right but they've got this horribly wrong.

An amateurish shambles from it's inception and time they did the decent thing and refunded everybody concerned as what folk will end up with is certainly not what they were originally 'sold'.

Come on City, do the right thing.

Even though I'm feeling grumpy about all things City after yesterdays result I still think the original City Circle ideas a good one. However after having parted with my money 2 years ago I'd just like to know whats going on. I understand and love the way things are moving and changing at City but 12 months silence having had my money is unacceptable.

Very unhappy with the the way this has been handled, two years and nothing to show is not acceptable and to rub salt into the wounds they have now covered my inscription on the players tunnel wall with advertising, nice way way of thanking fan loyalty.

dazng said:
Very unhappy with the the way this has been handled, two years and nothing to show is not acceptable and to rub salt into the wounds they have now covered my inscription on the players tunnel wall with advertising, nice way way of thanking fan loyalty.

I'm sure a lot were dated with things like children born Dec 2004 so I'm not sure if they would have had the full ten years?

The last update they sent as far as I'm aware was in May 2014 as follows:

"Further to our last communication on 3rd January, the Club is pleased to confirm our plans to expand the Etihad Stadium into one of the largest and most technologically sophisticated stadiums in Europe has received full planning permission, with work commencing immediately on the South Stand.

In order to realise this ambition and undertake such a large-scale build, we have had to revise both the design and the location of the existing City Circle proposal, due to the impact of the construction programme and building work.

We are delighted to officially announce the new and revised City Circle design concept, crafted from several thousand steel, glass and bronze discs will have the words ‘Blue Moon’ at its centre and will be located on Commonwealth Way.

The foot of the iconic new footbridge, connecting the Etihad Stadium to City Football Academy, will be accessible to supporters seven days per week and serve as the perfect location to showcase your cherished memories and messages.

The installation, which is subject to planning approval, is scheduled to begin in August 2014, based on the programme of construction works for the bridge.

For more information on the new City Circle email citycircle@mcfc.co.uk or call 0161 850 1894 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30 pm, excluding bank holidays)."

Will email them and hopefully get a helpful response. Sure they'll get there in the end!

Corky said:
dazng said:

I'm sure a lot were dated with things like children born Dec 2004 so I'm not sure if they would have had the full ten years?

I got my parents a tunnel inscription in 2004, luckily it is on the other side to that awful Nissan screen, but they were only guaranteed for 10 years, so assume the other side was done first?

As for the Circle, I bought my parents one (worrying trend here!) 2 years ago for Xmas and it's still nowhere to be seen, very poor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.