City Circle

MaineRoadBlue said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Just had a phonecall from City Circle representative at the club. They apologised for the delays and are currently phoning around anyone who has queried the project by emailing them directly.

In short, they are determined to release new drawings of the proposed plan inside the next month. After that planning for the new design will be sourced.

Once planning is sourced, the project should commence and will not be under threat of any further delay as works on the South Stand won't impact due to new planned location on Commonwealth Way.

The circle will be on the floor immediately before you step onto the bridge before starting your journey on the bridge over to the Academy.

After agreeing to wait for the new plans before deciding whether or not to cancel my order, I did suggest that plans like these shouldn't be marketed without proper thought to their feasibility both in terms of sales and other impacting factors such as expansion.

My final advice was that any plans for a City Triangle that might be getting considered as the next gimick should not dare emerge until we know the future of City Square and the final plans for City Circle!

That was Fri 24th Jan!

-- Mon May 05, 2014 9:11 am --

MaineRoadBlue said:
Remember this?

16 months on from the point of purchase and still nothing confirmed. In fact its over 2 months since the girl in charge of the customer relations with this debacle personally rang me and assured me the design will be released at the beginning of February! Perhaps I was a little naive to assume that was February 14.

Anyway it's complete fuck ups like this scheme, and the bundles, and the seat for life, and the platinum scheme, and the viagogo sham that despite all the fundamentally good things that happen, continue to piss me off no end.

Clearly there are too many people being allowed free reign in doing whatever mad fuck concept they dream of the night before in their latest attempt to rip us off. Make no mistake, if this thing had subscribed fully then it would have been built. So low was the take up it, by the time planning and resign happens, it will cost the club money and won't be the cash cow that the moron who conceived it thought.

Wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing is shit canned and refunds given. I mean when was the last time you bought anything 16 months in advance and it still hasn't arrived.

In short, sort it out City.

That was Wed 19th March!

-- Mon May 05, 2014 9:12 am --

MaineRoadBlue said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Just had a phonecall from City Circle representative at the club. They apologised for the delays and are currently phoning around anyone who has queried the project by emailing them directly.

In short, they are determined to release new drawings of the proposed plan inside the next month. After that planning for the new design will be sourced.

Once planning is sourced, the project should commence and will not be under threat of any further delay as works on the South Stand won't impact due to new planned location on Commonwealth Way.

The circle will be on the floor immediately before you step onto the bridge before starting your journey on the bridge over to the Academy.

After agreeing to wait for the new plans before deciding whether or not to cancel my order, I did suggest that plans like these shouldn't be marketed without proper thought to their feasibility both in terms of sales and other impacting factors such as expansion.

My final advice was that any plans for a City Triangle that might be getting considered as the next gimick should not dare emerge until we know the future of City Square and the final plans for City Circle!

That was Fri 24th Jan!

-- Mon May 05, 2014 9:11 am --

MaineRoadBlue said:
Remember this?

16 months on from the point of purchase and still nothing confirmed. In fact its over 2 months since the girl in charge of the customer relations with this debacle personally rang me and assured me the design will be released at the beginning of February! Perhaps I was a little naive to assume that was February 14.

Anyway it's complete fuck ups like this scheme, and the bundles, and the seat for life, and the platinum scheme, and the viagogo sham that despite all the fundamentally good things that happen, continue to piss me off no end.

Clearly there are too many people being allowed free reign in doing whatever mad fuck concept they dream of the night before in their latest attempt to rip us off. Make no mistake, if this thing had subscribed fully then it would have been built. So low was the take up it, by the time planning and resign happens, it will cost the club money and won't be the cash cow that the moron who conceived it thought.

Wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing is shit canned and refunds given. I mean when was the last time you bought anything 16 months in advance and it still hasn't arrived.

In short, sort it out City.

That was Wed 19th March!

In short it 18 months on and still nothing.

Shameful City, Shameful.

I don't know what all the panic was about. The ground is being extended and lots of things are happening. The circle will happen but we've just got to go with the flow. Stop flapping

When has the owners ever let us the fans down?

I appreciate that its frustrating waiting for so long but does anyone seriously doubt when it is finished it wont be enything other than quality

Lavinda Past said:
dctid said:

I appreciate that its frustrating waiting for so long but does anyone seriously doubt when it is finished it wont be enything other than quality

No chips v Newcastle....

How soon you forget.

;-)

Fuck me i forgot that debacle

Bring Back Swales i say

dctid said:

This has been handled poorly to say the least. My in-laws(who are both utd fans) signed up for this to commemorate the memory of their City supporting son who passed away a few years ago. Every time they try and contact the club about it, they get an e-mail back asking them if they are interested in buying another one.
The whole City circle project has been a fiasco since the start. I was going to say from start to finish, but fuck knows when they will finally finish it.
I just hope they actually get to see it, because they aren't getting any younger and Tommy(my father in law) hasn't been well these last few months.
C'mon City, pull your fucking finger out of your collective arse.

stony said:
dctid said:

This has been handled poorly to say the least. My in-laws(who are both utd fans) signed up for this to commemorate the memory of their City supporting son who passed away a few years ago. Every time they try and contact the club about it, they get an e-mail back asking them if they are interested in buying another one.
The whole City circle project has been a fiasco since the start. I was going to say from start to finish, but fuck knows when they will finally finish it.
I just hope they actually get to see it, because they aren't getting any younger and Tommy(my father in law) hasn't been well these last few months.

To be fair i do get what you are saying and i can understand why you are pissed off the only reason i can se is that there is that much building works that the original site envisaged for the circles was either unavilable or not considered appropriate

PS - Sure Tommy will be just fine and see us lift the next 10 titles!!

dctid said:
stony said:
dctid said:

To be fair i do get what you are saying and i can understand why you are pissed off the only reason i can se is that there is that much building works that the original site envisaged for the circles was either unavilable or not considered appropriate

PS - Sure Tommy will be just fine and see us lift the next 10 titles!!

It's not so much the delay, it's the complete lack of information from the club, and Tommy is a die hard rag. Watching City win ten titles would be his worst nightmare.

I always suspected that the original City Circle plan would be a flop. Over ambitious / Overpriced... take your pick!

The smaller circle is more realistic, the size obviously being dependent upon how many discs were sold. I can't help but think that the finished circle will be a disappointment, and won't 'capture the imagination' as was intended by the original plan.

Before you ask... Yes, I've bought a disc; got it on the opening offer. If it wasn't for this thread, I'd have forgotten all about it, it was so long ago.

As matters stand, it was money down the drain.

I certainly won't be paying to have my name on my seat!

Am seriously pissed off with this now.

City have really fucked up with this and should be compensating the buyers not fobbing people off with copy certificates that don't turn up.

They have copy and paste answers to everything and just don't seem to care they've been fucking us about for almost two years.

Where was the original location planned for these? Was it all around the perimeter of the stadium?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.