City Circle

As a well known Wolves fan once sang (well sort of) ...

Hey, City, stop what you're doin'!
Hey, City, you'll drive me to ruin.
I don't know what it is that I like about you, but I like it a lot.
Won't let me hold you, Let me feel your lovin' charms.

Communication Breakdown, It's always the same,
I'm having a nervous breakdown, Drive me insane!

Hey, City, I got something I think you ought to know.
Hey, City, I wanna tell you that I love you so.
I wanna hold you in my arms, yeah!
I'm never gonna let you go,'Cause I like your charms.

Bought one for my lads 18th amongst other things, He's 21 this year. Im interested to know if they still have some available so I can pour some more money down the drain for this years Birthday.

I'm pretty certain that if you want to get your money back you would be legally entitled to, especially if the club haven't regularly informed you of progress. Also a possibility of damages if the purchase was for a special/specific occasion which is now not valid.

If you bought by credit card, speak to your card issuer.

At the very least they would have to respond with a written update.

Anybody else whose bought a disc have a call from the club ?

Strange conversation in which the guy apologised for the delay and explained about the building work going on and the relocation etc. Then said they are nearly ready to start and the contractor doing the installation has been told to get back to them with start/completion date etc. and that they should know within two weeks and will get back to us. I appreciate the contact, but after waiting this long, surely it would have been better to ring in two weeks time with the full lowdown of what was happening ?

ALBY ALBY ALBY said:

Strange conversation in which the guy apologised for the delay and explained about the building work going on and the relocation etc. Then said they are nearly ready to start and the contractor doing the installation has been told to get back to them with start/completion date etc. and that they should know within two weeks and will get back to us. I appreciate the contact, but after waiting this long, surely it would have been better to ring in two weeks time with the full lowdown of what was happening ?

I had a recent conversation with someone who should know what's what and he said they're aiming to have them down by Easter.

That's three weeks away.

Has anyone seen any work going on that may suggest the discs are going to be in place by then?

No chance of them being down any time soon!

I spoke to customer services last week (who obviously could not apologize enough), who informed me that there is a meeting in the next fortnight to discuss the future of the project...in other words they have no fucking idea idea as to what what is happening anymore than us!

I did politely suggest that they should post an update in here, but that seems to have fallen on deaf ears!

I had an email from City today asking me to ring regarding City Circle. It was actually a reply to an email I sent 2 months ago! I spoke to Charlie. He had been put onto this project in the last couple of weeks. He stated that the builders responsible have been given until this week to come up with an actual date for the work. The location is now the base of the bridge. He said this date would be communicated to purchasers next week. He would not estimate if they were talking weeks or months. Now, there is no way of knowing if this will materialise, but at least it seems that the club are actually doing something at long last.

Theswampmonster said:
I had an email from City today asking me to ring regarding City Circle. It was actually a reply to an email I sent 2 months ago! I spoke to Charlie. He had been put onto this project in the last couple of weeks. He stated that the builders responsible have been given until this week to come up with an actual date for the work. The location is now the base of the bridge. He said this date would be communicated to purchasers next week. He would not estimate if they were talking weeks or months. Now, there is no way of knowing if this will materialise, but at least it seems that the club are actually doing something at long last.

A shame we haven't done the decent thing and offered folk their money back for what is now a very different deal to the one they signed up for.

We get so much right, I struggle with how badly we've got this wrong.

Poor show City.

Pelly Greeny said:
ALBY ALBY ALBY said:

I had a recent conversation with someone who should know what's what and he said they're aiming to have them down by Easter.

That's three weeks away.

Has anyone seen any work going on that may suggest the discs are going to be in place by then?

Come on that's not fare they didn't say which Easter

Davs 19 said:
Theswampmonster said:

A shame we haven't done the decent thing and offered folk their money back for what is now a very different deal to the one they signed up for.

We get so much right, I struggle with how badly we've got this wrong.

Poor show City.

I agree - a complete piss take. The money was taken literally years ago. I did ask for a refund about 12 months ago and then changed my mind on the basis that I was informed by the club that it was ‘about to happen’. I’m guessing that they didn’t sell enough to complete their original plan, so now, they will locate the ‘circle’ (or will it now be a square) in a slightly out of the way spot, rather than circling the ground, which was the basis we bought these things on. The club are in clear breach of contract and anybody who wants a refund should get one. I’m surprised that the press haven’t picked this debacle up yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.