City Circle

MaineRoadBlue said:
Sat 20th Dec will see this debaclé enter it's 3rd year!

Now as City fans we are used to waiting, but this really is starting to take the piss.

In the time it has taken to get this sorted (and it clearly still isn't) we have announced and built the CFA, announced and almost completed South Stand expansion, lost the Premier League and regained it, qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League twice, lost a Cup Final, won a Cup Final, completed 4 League victories over United, changed Manager, sold Tevez, bought and perma-loaned Negredo, watch Balotelli leave England and return again, watch Liverpool's resurgence and subsequent collapse, seen 4 people manage United........ the list could goes on!

What we haven't seen however is a truthful statement, that is in anyway believable, about when this mess will be resolved.

Come on, MRB! Yer waited 44 years for a title? Three years for a wee plaque isn't all that bad!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

Now as City fans we are used to waiting, but this really is starting to take the piss.

In the time it has taken to get this sorted (and it clearly still isn't) we have announced and built the CFA, announced and almost completed South Stand expansion, lost the Premier League and regained it, qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League twice, lost a Cup Final, won a Cup Final, completed 4 League victories over United, changed Manager, sold Tevez, bought and perma-loaned Negredo, watch Balotelli leave England and return again, watch Liverpool's resurgence and subsequent collapse, seen 4 people manage United........ the list could goes on!

What we haven't seen however is a truthful statement, that is in anyway believable, about when this mess will be resolved.

Come on, MRB! Yer waited 44 years for a title? Three years for a wee plaque isn't all that bad!

Try telling my in-laws that. They got one for their son who passed away a few years ago. Since then two other family members have died who both wanted to see it, including his gran.
Its been a fuck up from start to finish and whoever is responsible should hang their fucking heads in shame

stony said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

Try telling my in-laws that. They got one for their son who passed away a few years ago. Since then two other family members have died who both wanted to see it, including his gran.
Its been a fuck up from start to finish and whoever is responsible should hang their fucking heads in shame

I wasn't too bothered about the slow "progress" on this at first, but like most I'm now pretty sick of it!
Work should have begun August 2014 but this clearly has not happened. Now, with the opening of the bridge, the start date is anybody's guess, as the only option will be to close the bridge again, seeing as the proposed site is at the Etihad end of it....fucking embarrassing for all concerned and the refund idea is the least they can fucking do!

They are being built at the ground side of the new bridge which links the stadium to the CFA. If you look at my previous post, the letter I copied says they are only now just having them made. I imagine they will be in place by the end of the season. Not exactly the timescale we all thought when buying them.

Well I really didn't want to but I've had enough now and am contacting the MEN about this.

Sent two emails to the City Circle team asking about this and they've ignored both.

Anyone else happy to give their views and experiences add their name below and I'll send a link to this page in case anyone wants to get in touch.

Pelly Greeny said:
Well I really didn't want to but I've had enough now and am contacting the MEN about this.

Sent two emails to the City Circle team asking about this and they've ignored both.

Anyone else happy to give their views and experiences add their name below and I'll send a link to this page in case anyone wants to get in touch.

they really shouldn't be ignoring your emails, but is there anything to be gained by going to the MEN? It will make the club look silly - and you, to be honest. They'll want some shit picture of you in a City shirt looking miserable with your thumbs down, and some paraphrased interview about your kids and their distress. People look clowns in those situations.

The only people to gain will be the MEN filling page 12, and they employed that dildo who did the article bemoaning empty seats 3 minutes into a game which sold out weeks before.

Wasn't there a briefing from the club that said due to change of plans concerning the stadium and CFA, the originel plan for the City Circle was to be changed? My guess is that the works around the stadium need to be finalized when the City Cirlce is to be realized. I agree that the ones who actually bought one or more discs should be informed more frequently.

Didsbury Dave said:
Pelly Greeny said:

they really shouldn't be ignoring your emails, but is there anything to be gained by going to the MEN? It will make the club look silly - and you, to be honest. They'll want some shit picture of you in a City shirt looking miserable with your thumbs down, and some paraphrased interview about your kids and their distress. People look clowns in those situations.

The only people to gain will be the MEN filling page 12, and they employed that dildo who did the article bemoaning empty seats 3 minutes into a game which sold out weeks before.

The people these were bought for died 2 1/2 years ago. I contacted the club about some form of memorial and they pointed me in the direction of these. I was (sadly only verbally) promised they would be in place by summer.

Had I known that over 2 years after paying for them I'd still be waiting to even find out when they were being laid I'd have found something else or even given the £500 raised to charity instead.

They won't get a picture of me, they won't get an interview that has anything to do with my kids but they can see the paypal account with the numerous donations, the numerous copy and pasted emails from City Circle going back over the last 2 years promising it was all in hand, the emails I've sent that have been read but ignored. I'll let them have the 10 photocopies of original certificates they eventually sent to pacify me - no use to me or anyone else really.

Now do you see why I'm a bit more pissed than the guy who's bought one for himself? This was a memorial that has taken so long to get sorted I bet most people have forgotten all about the people it was meant to remember.

Pelly Greeny said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Pelly Greeny said:

The people these were bought for died 2 1/2 years ago. I contacted the club about some form of memorial and they pointed me in the direction of these. I was (sadly only verbally) promised they would be in place by summer.

Had I known that over 2 years after paying for them I'd still be waiting to even find out when they were being laid I'd have found something else or even given the £500 raised to charity instead.

They won't get a picture of me, they won't get an interview that has anything to do with my kids but they can see the paypal account with the numerous donations, the numerous copy and pasted emails from City Circle going back over the last 2 years promising it was all in hand, the emails I've sent that have been read but ignored. I'll let them have the 10 photocopies of original certificates they eventually sent to pacify me - no use to me or anyone else really.

Now do you see why I'm a bit more pissed than the guy who's bought one for himself? This was a memorial that has taken so long to get sorted I bet most people have forgotten all about the people it was meant to remember.

Mate, I totally understand your frustration. It's been ridiculous from start to finish to be honest. I'm just questioning the need for going to the paper. i'm going to send you a PM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.