City Circle

Pelly Greeny said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Pelly Greeny said:
Well I really didn't want to but I've had enough now and am contacting the MEN about this.

Sent two emails to the City Circle team asking about this and they've ignored both.

Anyone else happy to give their views and experiences add their name below and I'll send a link to this page in case anyone wants to get in touch.

they really shouldn't be ignoring your emails, but is there anything to be gained by going to the MEN? It will make the club look silly - and you, to be honest. They'll want some shit picture of you in a City shirt looking miserable with your thumbs down, and some paraphrased interview about your kids and their distress. People look clowns in those situations.

The only people to gain will be the MEN filling page 12, and they employed that dildo who did the article bemoaning empty seats 3 minutes into a game which sold out weeks before.

The people these were bought for died 2 1/2 years ago. I contacted the club about some form of memorial and they pointed me in the direction of these. I was (sadly only verbally) promised they would be in place by summer.

Had I known that over 2 years after paying for them I'd still be waiting to even find out when they were being laid I'd have found something else or even given the £500 raised to charity instead.

They won't get a picture of me, they won't get an interview that has anything to do with my kids but they can see the paypal account with the numerous donations, the numerous copy and pasted emails from City Circle going back over the last 2 years promising it was all in hand, the emails I've sent that have been read but ignored. I'll let them have the 10 photocopies of original certificates they eventually sent to pacify me - no use to me or anyone else really.

Now do you see why I'm a bit more pissed than the guy who's bought one for himself? This was a memorial that has taken so long to get sorted I bet most people have forgotten all about the people it was meant to remember.

I have just mailed them to register my, let's call it disappointment, at the lack of progress on this debacle! Should I actually receive a response, I will post it in this thread!

I receieved this reply on the 6th Jan :

Dear xxxx

Thank you for contacting the City Circle Support Team.

I am pleased to advise you that the discs have been put into production we are just waiting for a date for the work to commence.

Should you have any queries or require any additional information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks for your support.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Kind regards

Sue Dakin
City Circle Support Team

lordnoise said:

Dear xxxx

I am pleased to advise you that the discs have been put into production we are just waiting for a date for the work to commence.

Should you have any queries or require any additional information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Sue Dakin
City Circle Support Team

If this is the case, why hasn't this or a very similar email been sent to everyone who bought one? A simple enough task.

lordnoise said:

Dear xxxx

Kind regards

Sue Dakin
City Circle Support Team

Frankly, I'm disappointed that staff members who contact the public can't use full stops.

quiet_riot said:
lordnoise said:

Dear xxxx

Kind regards

Sue Dakin
City Circle Support Team

If this is the case, why hasn't this or a very similar email been sent to everyone who bought one? A simple enough task.

Let's face it there is a lot going on at the stadium at the moment and the last thing on the list will be the city circle, why would they lay them before the work in the area where they will be laid is complete and risk damaging any of them?
Also why would they send this email out without relevant info about the final plan, that would only make the people who bought them email a load of questions about where and when they will be laid, when the plan is finalised they will send an update email out.
I personally although was a little frustrated by the change of plan aren't too bothered at this moment in time about this as until the end of next season we will still be carrying out a lot of construction.
When this was originally sold the training ground and stadium expansion hadn't been approved and where they were supposed to be laid would have been under the new stands so the revised plan is around the bridge, I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but the training ground has only just been opened so I'd say if they are laid in the next few months that would be when a sane person would have expected th to be laid after the revised plan.

lordnoise said:

Dear xxxx

Kind regards

Sue Dakin
City Circle Support Team

What concerns me most about this reply is the fact it was received on the 6th Jan and is wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Frankly that sums them up to a tee. Cut and Paste customer facing at its finest!

Laughable without even being remotely funny.

g180aj said:
quiet_riot said:
lordnoise said:

Dear xxxx

Kind regards

Sue Dakin
City Circle Support Team

Let's face it there is a lot going on at the stadium at the moment and the last thing on the list will be the city circle, why would they lay them before the work in the area where they will be laid is complete and risk damaging any of them?
Also why would they send this email out without relevant info about the final plan, that would only make the people who bought them email a load of questions about where and when they will be laid, when the plan is finalised they will send an update email out.
I personally although was a little frustrated by the change of plan aren't too bothered at this moment in time about this as until the end of next season we will still be carrying out a lot of construction.
When this was originally sold the training ground and stadium expansion hadn't been approved and where they were supposed to be laid would have been under the new stands so the revised plan is around the bridge, I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but the training ground has only just been opened so I'd say if they are laid in the next few months that would be when a sane person would have expected th to be laid after the revised plan.

Sorry fella, but that is a load of shit. I couldn't give a fuck that "a lot is going on." The whole city circle thing has been a fucking farce from start to finish. It was major news on the website when they were flogging them, now they've had the money they don't seem to care. They didn't sell as many as they hoped so they shoved it on the back burner to be dealt with later.
Over the last few years the club has got its interaction with the fans pretty much spot on, and what it got wrong was made right soon after. The only real fuck up has been city circle and for a club which prides itself on its relationship with the community and the fans it is a spectacular fuck up.
All people want is a date for it to start or even some sort of dialogue with the club over what the hold up is. At the moment, we are being fed bullshit and that's the lucky ones. The rest are told nothing unless they e-mither the club for a few weeks, and then all they get is vague promises. It's not fucking good enough. They were happy to take the money and the people who have forked out deserve better.

The drama around this purchase has been brilliant. It downsized, relocated, lost any shine... I've not an email once. I emailed the club twice last year. As far as I'm concerned, they took the money and did a runner. All we got in return was this lousy lazy underachieving side [wait a minute...]

MaineRoadBlue said:
lordnoise said:

Dear xxxx

Kind regards

Sue Dakin
City Circle Support Team

What concerns me most about this reply is the fact it was received on the 6th Jan and is wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Frankly that sums them up to a tee. Cut and Paste customer facing at its finest!

Laughable without even being remotely funny.

It's a standard response it would seem as theledge had the same email on 31st October. Minus the merry Christmas nonsense.

Feel sorry for those that bought these and if people feel they have no other choice but to express their grievances in the papers then so be it, they have every right following the length of time and lack of communication.

Perhaps only then with negative headlines will those involved in this project finally start communicating and take responsibility for this farce.

Some fans may see this as dragging the clubs name through the (paper) mud. But Manchester City is also a business, and this wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.