City Circle

Same old tired excuses every time. Did they put Pellegrini in charge of it?

I went through all of this for over two years.

I had bought a £395 bronze plaque on week of release as a memorial for my dead mother. The club sent very little to me over the intervening period in the way of update.

I was patient, until the beginning of this year and at that point I could see the lack of organisation (bit like the derby) and enough was enough.

After a number of phone calls and emails, I gave up expecting it would be placed in a reasonable time and whilst it galled me to go legal (my day job) on the club I have loved for a long, long time, I did.

After a single threatening letter, the money I had paid all those years ago was CHAPS transferred back into my account.

Both the club and I can move on and forget it ever happened.

cbaileyuk said:

I had bought a £395 bronze plaque on week of release as a memorial for my dead mother. The club sent very little to me over the intervening period in the way of update.

I was patient, until the beginning of this year and at that point I could see the lack of organisation (bit like the derby) and enough was enough.

After a number of phone calls and emails, I gave up expecting it would be placed in a reasonable time and whilst it galled me to go legal (my day job) on the club I have loved for a long, long time, I did.

After a single threatening letter, the money I had paid all those years ago was CHAPS transferred back into my account.

think I'm going to do the same - solicitors letter it is then!

cbaileyuk said:

I wish it was that simple with these. It's nt my money but the result of a collection.

So if I got the money back I'd have to find something else to do with it and knowing my luck it'd end up the same way!!

Incredibly I've just received this email from the club with an actual update/timescale on the installation:

"Firstly, we would like to apologise that we have not provided an update on the City Circle project sooner. We pride ourselves on a high level of service, and acknowledge that our usual standards have not been met.

The delay has been caused by a number of factors, many of which were outside of the Club's control. Until these issues were resolved, we were unable to progress with the project or to communicate any specific details.

All of these matters have now been addressed and we want to assure you that we are committed to delivering this project in the coming months.

From week commencing Monday 25th May, work will begin on the Etihad Stadium side of the Suisse Gas bridge. It is estimated that this work will take 12 weeks to complete.

Upon completion of the project, you will be invited to a special event to thank you for being part of City Circle, and for your patience during this difficult process.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email citycircle@mcfc.co.uk or call a member of the Supporter Services Team on +44 (0)161 444 1894 (option 1, option 3).

Kind regards,

Lisa Eaton
Service & Fulfilment Manager"

A free bar and butties??????

At least it seems to be actually moving on now although we've seen this sort of response before.

Mine was an advance prezzie for my 50th, I'll be 52 early May.

Starting after the Southampton game.

Danny Wilson on Blue Tuesday.

A lot later than it should it have been but at least we've had an apology and the Club have held out an olive branch by making a special event of the opening. Well done City on realising, probably from this forum as much as anything else, that you had messed up, now please stick to the timescale and deliver what you are promising.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.