"City dig heels in over Robinho"

MANCIO4EVER said:
DOn?t have the time to check if already posted - Here's an update fm Today's Guardian.co.uk, about the ethic of the loved hero!
[Apologize if this results in a spam]
Robinho, the Brazilian forward who is negotiating a loan move to either São Paulo or Santos, has no intention of returning to Manchester City in the summer, despite Roberto Mancini expressing his hope that the most expensive player in English football can play a part in the club's future.

As a four-man delegation from Santos held extensive talks with City officials today over a loan deal until the end of the season, Mancini was speaking of his hope that a reinvigorated Robinho would see the move as only a temporary step and subsequently return to the Premier League after this summer's World Cup in South Africa.

"I remember a similar situation with Adriano," the City manager said. "He had some problems in Milan [with ­Internazionale], he went back to Brazil for six months and now he is playing well – he will play in the World Cup probably and is scoring many goals.

"It is possible the same can happen here because if Robinho goes to Brazil and plays for Santos or São Paulo and plays well and goes to the World Cup I think he can then come back here and be happy. I haven't given up."

Robinho, however, wants to remain in Brazil or move to Spain and his ­advisers will try to resuscitate a deal with ­Barcelona, who are long-time admirers of the player. The 26-year-old is under contract until 2012 but he has become so disillusioned at City, and has formed such a bad impression of Manchester, that he has made it clear he does not consider a return to England to be an option.

Santos are now so confident of re-­signing the former Real Madrid player that they are selling shirts through their official online store with his name on the back. The club's vice-president, Odílio ­Rodrigues, and a lawyer, João Feijó Gazolla, flew into Manchester today to join two marketing officials, Armênio Neto and Eduardo Musa, for the latest round of negotiations with City's chief executive, Garry Cook, and the club's football administrator, Brian Marwood.

The deal hinges on Santos ­attracting enough sponsors to be able to afford ­Robinho's wages. Contrary to initial reports, the player is not as keen about lowering his £160,000-a-week salary as he had suggested.

São Paulo have the same issue but they have also sent a delegation to Manchester, despite acknowledging that Santos are in a stronger position financially.

"We've been contacted by agents from England saying that Roberto Mancini would like Robinho to move to São Paulo [rather than Santos] because we have a bigger international profile and will play in the Libertadores Cup, which would be more effective in bringing his value up again, which is exactly what they want," one of the São Paulo directors, Carlos Augusto de Barros e Silva, said. "From then onwards, São Paulo got interested. We've had representatives in Manchester since Saturday."

Robinho favours Santos but City say it is a matter of which club has the funds in place. "Santos is way ahead but São Paulo will be in the Libertadores and, perhaps, Robinho may want to play that competition," the São Paulo president, Marco Aurelio Cunha, said.

Were you present when this interview took place?

If not then it is totally unsubstantiated and must be untrue.

MANCIO4EVER said:
DOn?t have the time to check if already posted - Here's an update fm Today's Guardian.co.uk, about the ethic of the loved hero!
Robinho, the Brazilian forward who is negotiating a loan move to either São Paulo or Santos, has no intention of returning to Manchester City in the summer, despite Roberto Mancini expressing his hope that the most expensive player in English football can play a part in the club's future.

As a four-man delegation from Santos held extensive talks with City officials today over a loan deal until the end of the season, Mancini was speaking of his hope that a reinvigorated Robinho would see the move as only a temporary step and subsequently return to the Premier League after this summer's World Cup in South Africa.

"I remember a similar situation with Adriano," the City manager said. "He had some problems in Milan [with ­Internazionale], he went back to Brazil for six months and now he is playing well – he will play in the World Cup probably and is scoring many goals.

"It is possible the same can happen here because if Robinho goes to Brazil and plays for Santos or São Paulo and plays well and goes to the World Cup I think he can then come back here and be happy. I haven't given up."

Robinho, however, wants to remain in Brazil or move to Spain and his ­advisers will try to resuscitate a deal with ­Barcelona, who are long-time admirers of the player. The 26-year-old is under contract until 2012 but he has become so disillusioned at City, and has formed such a bad impression of Manchester, that he has made it clear he does not consider a return to England to be an option.

Santos are now so confident of re-­signing the former Real Madrid player that they are selling shirts through their official online store with his name on the back. The club's vice-president, Odílio ­Rodrigues, and a lawyer, João Feijó Gazolla, flew into Manchester today to join two marketing officials, Armênio Neto and Eduardo Musa, for the latest round of negotiations with City's chief executive, Garry Cook, and the club's football administrator, Brian Marwood.

The deal hinges on Santos ­attracting enough sponsors to be able to afford ­Robinho's wages. Contrary to initial reports, the player is not as keen about lowering his £160,000-a-week salary as he had suggested.

São Paulo have the same issue but they have also sent a delegation to Manchester, despite acknowledging that Santos are in a stronger position financially.

"We've been contacted by agents from England saying that Roberto Mancini would like Robinho to move to São Paulo [rather than Santos] because we have a bigger international profile and will play in the Libertadores Cup, which would be more effective in bringing his value up again, which is exactly what they want," one of the São Paulo directors, Carlos Augusto de Barros e Silva, said. "From then onwards, São Paulo got interested. We've had representatives in Manchester since Saturday."

Robinho favours Santos but City say it is a matter of which club has the funds in place. "Santos is way ahead but São Paulo will be in the Libertadores and, perhaps, Robinho may want to play that competition," the São Paulo president, Marco Aurelio Cunha, said.

little tw@t

spanishblue said:
MANCIO4EVER said:

little tw@t

Don't worry I am sure that once our guys have combed through this we will find out it's part of a big conspiracy against our cute little Brazillian friend.

twinkletoes said:
bluem0ng said:
lol@alera, this is the well balanced individual who thinks Robinho will deliberately throw the game if he plays tonight.

You can't argue with a tin-foil hat wearer, he's completely irrational.

Nicely done. Try and discredit the witness.

Witness??? What the hell are you on about?

I'm just pointing out that arguing with someone like alera is completely pointless because he is clearly not dealing from a full deck.

bluem0ng said:
I'm just pointing out that arguing with someone like alera is completely pointless because he is clearly not dealing from a full deck.

With trading insults with you again, it could be argued that you are blindly pro-Robinho...just as some of us are accused of being anti-Robinho.

You can't be completely sure that Robinho isn't capable of such things. He's already shown on many occasions that he's only interested in number 1.

bluem0ng said:
twinkletoes said:
Nicely done. Try and discredit the witness.

Witness??? What the hell are you on about?

I am saying that you and bluetrain are one helluva good team of attorneys. The way you wear down the witnesses.

twinkletoes said:
spanishblue said:
little tw@t

Don't worry I am sure that once our guys have combed through this we will find out it's part of a big conspiracy against our cute little Brazillian friend.
Well it doesn't need combing through. A quick scan of the article will show you there are no quotes that back up the highlighted claims.

Only an idiot would believe and react to such nuggets of 'information' without first assessing the credibility of the article.

ono said:
twinkletoes said:
Well it doesn't need combing through. A quick scan of the article will show you there are no quotes that back up the highlighted claims.

Only an idiot would believe and react to such nuggets of 'information' without first assessing the credibility of the article.

I knew you wouldn't let us down.

I like "the idiot" touch. I see what you are doing there.

So Santos are selling his shirt already. We should pull out or do a Madrid to
them. Robinho's advisors really are shit.

svennis pennis said:
So Santos are selling his shirt already. We should pull out or do a Madrid to
them. Robinho's advisors really are shit.

His dad is his advisor and agent.

As much as I love and value my dad I dont think I would rely on him with a deal as complex as this one ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.