"City dig heels in over Robinho"

double substitution at Everton

What choice did he have he was playign shit as he has done for the last 12 months. No effort or commitment. We were losing the game, Mancini was trying to get something out of the match and playing with 10 men wasnt an option.

You expect the manager to accept defeat and play with 10 men so Robinho doesnt look an idiot even though he wasnt trying and playing to his full potential. Are you for real ?

Time and again he has been given the chance to prove himself and win back his place in the starting 11 we know he has the ability we saw that when he first came to the club, he just doesnt care he wants out and it seems people like you will blame anyone but the player.

He's trampling all over your poor feelings. We get it.

You are the one that is saying we have upset Robinho and that’s why he is leaving, blaming our fans and manager. Get you fact right mate. Your position is completely indefensible.

Put your pitchfork away mate, it's getting boring now.

Nobody is being upfront and telling it like it is because A) The article has no quotes whatsoever and B) The article states that he has a very bad impression of Manchester, when in fact Mancini, Slyvinho and Stevie Ireland have all recently pointed out that Robinho is settled in Manchester.

There also won't be a scenario where he goes back to Brazil and we continue to pay his contract for his remaining years.

Practically every post i've seen from you has been anger over a quoteless article.... like this post
"He wants to do the same thing now with us paying most of his wages for the rest of his contract, completely write off the £32 million we paid for him and refusing ever to ever come back"

Again you've taken that from a quoteless article and got your knickers in a twist over it.

Report this post

Well I hope your right but with the noises comming from Robinho and Santos its not looking hopeful. They seem to be selling shirts with Robinhos name on them before any deal is even agreed ! If we do indeed play hard ball and refuse unacceptable terms I guess we will see the real Robinho come out and then there wont be a debate over quoteless articles.

alera said:
He's trampling all over your poor feelings. We get it.

You are the one that is saying we have upset Robinho and that’s why he is leaving, blaming our fans and manager. Get you fact right mate. Your position is completely indefensible.

I've said nothing of the sort. I've simply dismissed the long list of 'facts' about him that you and other posters have been trying to substantiate. Every single one of them now proved to be total bullshit, but the garbage we hear about him from City 'fans' every single day.

All you've done is say he's trampling all over your poor feelings. Get over yourself.

hgblue said:
Allow me to explain the 'treated like a Sunday morning footballer' quote as it seems to have been misunderstood. I said Mancini had treated Robinho in a way that I wouldn't treat a Sunday morning footballer. I was referring to his double substitution at Everton, which anybody who's played football at any sort of decent standard would know is a total no no. If I were the manager of The Dog And Duck playing in a low standard sunday morning league, I would have to think long and hard before I double substituted a keen but limited kid. For Mancini to do that to a player of Robinho's standing in the game was wrong imo, and has contributed in no small part to Robinho's desire to get away.

I can't agree with that at all mate. Robinho was shocking, absolutely shocking. I'm sure when Mancini put him on he had no intentions of bringing him off 5 mins into the second half, but Robbie was playing so badly that to stand any chance of winning he had to be brought off.

A bigger man would have accepted he played shite, knuckled down and tried to prove that he's better than that. Robbie just sulked down the tunnel and tried to engineer a move away

The Fat el Hombre said:
hgblue said:
Allow me to explain the 'treated like a Sunday morning footballer' quote as it seems to have been misunderstood. I said Mancini had treated Robinho in a way that I wouldn't treat a Sunday morning footballer. I was referring to his double substitution at Everton, which anybody who's played football at any sort of decent standard would know is a total no no. If I were the manager of The Dog And Duck playing in a low standard sunday morning league, I would have to think long and hard before I double substituted a keen but limited kid. For Mancini to do that to a player of Robinho's standing in the game was wrong imo, and has contributed in no small part to Robinho's desire to get away.

I can't agree with that at all mate. Robinho was shocking, absolutely shocking. I'm sure when Mancini put him on he had no intentions of bringing him off 5 mins into the second half, but Robbie was playing so badly that to stand any chance of winning he had to be brought off.

A bigger man would have accepted he played shite, knuckled down and tried to prove that he's better than that. Robbie just sulked down the tunnel and tried to engineer a move away

And came back in the next game, played well in a variety of positions, shot on sight every time he got the ball and finally scored the goal that put the game out of reach of the opposition.

I've said nothing of the sort. I've simply dismissed the long list of 'facts' about him that you and other posters have been trying to substantiate. Every single one of them now proved to be total bullshit, but the garbage we hear about him from City 'fans' every single day.

One of your "facts" was that Mancini treated him like a sunday league footballer because he double subed him when he was playing rubbish.

One of your facts is he has never aggitated or demanded a move - which he is clearly doing now.

All you've done is say he's trampling all over your poor feelings. Get over yourself.

Where have I said that. What I said is I dont like to see him dictate terms to the club and do as he pleases. You seem to like to "substantiate" everything where have I posted that he has "hurt my feelings". Get over myself. Take off your rose tinted glasses are you sleeping with Robinho or something ?

And came back in the next game, played well in a variety of positions, shot on sight every time he got the ball and finally scored the goal that put the game out of reach of the opposition

Having been responsible for the equalising goal in the first half and lets face it against div 1 opposition in a game we were already winning fairly comfortably. Also his first semi acceptably performance in 12 months. You want to see a proper world class player that cares about the club he is playing for and puts in 100% effort turn on watch Carlos Tevez in the match tonight.

The Fat el Hombre said:
hgblue said:

I'm sorry but this double substitution thing is simply wrong. Robinho came on after 4 mins! That's as near as dammit starting the game! If he'd have come on at half time and then been taken off on 80 mins or something that would be a bit of an embarassment but this isn't! The press are making more of it than they should as always. If Roque had injured himself in the warm up (highly possible) then Robbie would have started then if substituted no-one would have batted an eyelid. For the sake of 4 minutes it's now a big deal. The fact is Robbie WAS very poor in that game and was the right player to bring off but it was hardly a double substitution as he was on as near as makes no difference from the start!

alera said:

Where have I said that. What I said is I dont like to see him dicate terms to the cluba nd do as he pleases. So seem to like to "substantiate" everything where have I posted that he has "hurt my feelings".

I can see the logic in people saying fuck him he has shit on us write off the money let him go he’s just a trouble causer that doesn’t care or want to play for the club move on - personally I find being walked all over by a player like this hard to stomach but I can at least see where they are coming from after all we have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

alera said:
One of your "facts" was that Mancini treated him like a sunday league footballer.

No it wasn't. You're confusing me with another poster. I'm the one dismissing the 'fact' that he ever claimed Mancini treated him like that.

And came back in the next game, played well in a variety of positions, shot on sight every time he got the ball and finally scored the goal that put the game out of reach of the opposition

Having been responbsible for the equallsing goal in the first half and lets face it against div 1 opposition in a game we were already winning fairly comfortably. Also his first semi acceptably performance in 12 months.[/quote]

Ah, the 'it's only Scunthorpe' argument. So he sulks and refuses to play for the team or put in any effort, except when he actually does all of those things, but it doesn't count because it's only Scunthorpe.

Enjoy your witch hunt.

Blue Train said:
alera said:

It's all a conspiracy to drive Robinho out of the club.

We were all in on it. There, are you happy now?

IF we are talking about the FA cup match what about him releasing a statement straight before the game that he was going back to santos and it was his last game for city -contradicting the line from the manager and club. The fact he is once again destabalising the club, this time before our biggest game in 30 years.

Are these unsubstantiated facts ?

hgblue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/24/robinho-manchester-city-santos

"The managers are different here. They decide a system and want you to fit in and it doesn't matter if you're tall or short"

There was an explanation, but it wasn't enough to get imh out of a club record fine

"Manchester City are refusing to give Robinho preferential treatment despite the Brazilian's contrite behaviour since walking out of the club's mid-season training camp in Tenerife. Mark Hughes, the manager, described his star player as "very apologetic" but has resolved to punish him with the heaviest fine that any player in the Premier League has ever faced"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/22/daniel-taylor-on-robinho-fine-at-manchester-city

These are things generally spouted by blues on here blaming City fans for Robinho's poor form over the last year or so. the sunday league footballer one came from hgblue and is, quite frankly, ridiculous

Robinho's standing in the game lol!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.