"City dig heels in over Robinho"

What is the benefit of us paying his wages while he plays for another team?Its obvious they can't afford him at the end of the loan period,as for offering first refusal on 2 of their "talented "youngsters they could be a waste of space.If he does have a good world cup there is no guarantee a "big" club will pay the money we did for him.If he keeps sulking keep him here after all we are gonna be paying him no matter who he plays for.

alera said:
IF we are talking about the FA cup match what about him releasing a statement straight before the game that he was going back to santos and it was his last game for city -contradicting the line from the manager and club. The fact he is once again destabalising the club, this time before our biggest game in 30 years.

Are these unsubstantiated facts ?

He didn't release a statement before the match. There's a difference between press rumours and player statements. Something the Robinho haters have never appreciated.

We're going round and round in circles here and, to be honest, when you say are you sleeping with Robinho or something? you've reduced the debate to the level of the playground.

You don't like the guy, you refuse to see anything he does in anything but a negative light. I'd have more respect for you if you just came out and said 'He looks like a c*** and I don't like him.'

Enjoy your witch hunt.

Actually he did release an official statement before the FA cup match to a Brazilian radio station Radio Bandeirantes.

'What's important is to be happy,'

'Money is not everything. First thing is that I am going through a bad period'

'Here, Mancini said that I would play one game and another no. I didn't accept that and told him so. It's a World Cup year.'

'Playing for Santos would help me in my path to the World Cup. It is my home, I know everyone.'

'The directors all agree that it's better to send me out on loan. It would be exceptional to return to Santos.'

These are direct quotes from Robinho. He then follows this up on monday stating the deals basically done (When its clearly not) Again these are well on record.

You are bascially denying anything and everything that would put Robinho in a bad light, you loose all credability when you do this.

No no no Alera! Those direct quotes form Robinho are all press rumours don't you know!?

Robinho is gonna do evrything he can to help get City into the top four FACT. He's totally dedicated to the cause

Blue Train said:
alera said:
IF we are talking about the FA cup match what about him releasing a statement straight before the game that he was going back to santos and it was his last game for city -contradicting the line from the manager and club. The fact he is once again destabalising the club, this time before our biggest game in 30 years.

Are these unsubstantiated facts ?

He didn't release a statement before the match. There's a difference between press rumours and player statements. Something the Robinho haters have never appreciated.

We're going round and round in circles here and, to be honest, when you say are you sleeping with Robinho or something? you've reduced the debate to the level of the playground.

You don't like the guy, you refuse to see anything he does in anything but a negative light. I'd have more respect for you if you just came out and said 'He looks like a c*** and I don't like him.'

Enjoy your witch hunt.

Are you Johnny Cochran? Did you defend Michael Jackson?

lol@alera, this is the well balanced individual who thinks Robinho will deliberately throw the game if he plays tonight.

You can't argue with a tin-foil hat wearer, he's completely irrational.

bluem0ng said:
lol@alera, this is the well balanced individual who thinks Robinho will deliberately throw the game if he plays tonight.

You can't argue with a tin-foil hat wearer, he's completely irrational.

Nicely done. Try and discredit the witness.

DOn?t have the time to check if already posted - Here's an update fm Today's Guardian.co.uk, about the ethic of the loved hero!
[Apologize if this results in a spam]
Robinho, the Brazilian forward who is negotiating a loan move to either São Paulo or Santos, has no intention of returning to Manchester City in the summer, despite Roberto Mancini expressing his hope that the most expensive player in English football can play a part in the club's future.

As a four-man delegation from Santos held extensive talks with City officials today over a loan deal until the end of the season, Mancini was speaking of his hope that a reinvigorated Robinho would see the move as only a temporary step and subsequently return to the Premier League after this summer's World Cup in South Africa.

"I remember a similar situation with Adriano," the City manager said. "He had some problems in Milan [with ­Internazionale], he went back to Brazil for six months and now he is playing well – he will play in the World Cup probably and is scoring many goals.

"It is possible the same can happen here because if Robinho goes to Brazil and plays for Santos or São Paulo and plays well and goes to the World Cup I think he can then come back here and be happy. I haven't given up."

Robinho, however, wants to remain in Brazil or move to Spain and his ­advisers will try to resuscitate a deal with ­Barcelona, who are long-time admirers of the player. The 26-year-old is under contract until 2012 but he has become so disillusioned at City, and has formed such a bad impression of Manchester, that he has made it clear he does not consider a return to England to be an option.

Santos are now so confident of re-­signing the former Real Madrid player that they are selling shirts through their official online store with his name on the back. The club's vice-president, Odílio ­Rodrigues, and a lawyer, João Feijó Gazolla, flew into Manchester today to join two marketing officials, Armênio Neto and Eduardo Musa, for the latest round of negotiations with City's chief executive, Garry Cook, and the club's football administrator, Brian Marwood.

The deal hinges on Santos ­attracting enough sponsors to be able to afford ­Robinho's wages. Contrary to initial reports, the player is not as keen about lowering his £160,000-a-week salary as he had suggested.

São Paulo have the same issue but they have also sent a delegation to Manchester, despite acknowledging that Santos are in a stronger position financially.

"We've been contacted by agents from England saying that Roberto Mancini would like Robinho to move to São Paulo [rather than Santos] because we have a bigger international profile and will play in the Libertadores Cup, which would be more effective in bringing his value up again, which is exactly what they want," one of the São Paulo directors, Carlos Augusto de Barros e Silva, said. "From then onwards, São Paulo got interested. We've had representatives in Manchester since Saturday."

Robinho favours Santos but City say it is a matter of which club has the funds in place. "Santos is way ahead but São Paulo will be in the Libertadores and, perhaps, Robinho may want to play that competition," the São Paulo president, Marco Aurelio Cunha, said.

this is the well balanced individual who thinks Robinho will deliberately throw the game if he plays tonight.

I honestly cant trust him to pay tonight this much is true, if its deliberate or he just doesnt try what is the difference ? This game is to important, his attitude stinks, he clearly doesnt want to play for the club. Sorry if it upsets people I just cant trust him to play any part in this game, if others can fair play they are better men than me.

Really we should bury this and get on with the game tonight. Whatever people think and its clearly an immotive issue its gone too far, I have had enough of talking about Robinho with such an important game tonight. So I will leave you all too it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.