City fan' letter in "Radio Times"

This is all very surprising! The lovely Colin, aka PrestwichBlue, alerted me to this on Twitter yesterday and I thought, well, I'll swoop in and say hi to everyone.

This is me. Okay, it's not exactly me, it is my dad. He does not have a smartphone or a computer. No interest in technology at all! So when he's annoyed about something and wants to write a letter in, it's muggins here who has to be dictated to like a secretary :-D

I think he was quite shocked to see it printed tbh! He's had a million letters printed in his life, all over the place (NME in the 70s, Mojo and Uncut in recent decades) but he didn't think the RT would fancy it. He was thrilled it went in and is deeply tickled by the existence of this thread, which I told him about yesterday, just after I explained what a message board/forum is!

Anyway, we are, obviously, blues going back a LONG time. I'm 45 and went to my first match in 1988. He's 71 (won't thank me for mentioning it!) and went to his first match in 1960. His dad, Eli, went to THE first match at Maine Road in 1923 (Eli was born here, but his fam were not; we're Eastern European Jews, on both sides). So we have had blues in our family for almost 100 years. Which is mad! Dad had a season ticket from 1977-95, also (he couldn't before then, he had a Sat job at Burtons on Deansgate, if any of you are old enough to remember that).

I moved to London 22 years ago nearly, so I see all the away games (when I can get tix, which tbh is irritatingly not often these days). We go to one home match per year, he likes to just do one now. I'm also sometimes on the great Ste Tudor's 93.20 podcast if you wish to seek that out!

Lots of love to all the blues
CTID

Liz
dont be a stranger, xlnt post

Paul Nolan care of Piccadilly radio phone in,with James Stannage.
Did he have a few sisters, into singing, I cant remember the name they used, you know, like a group of singing sisters........no its gone, sorry.

This has been an object lesson in how to derail a thread. In fact it's a derailment of a derailment of a derailment.
And I've just read a fascinating article about the history of fatal accidents involving steam locomotives on British railways with engines coning off the tracks or hitting objects or people lying on them. Goes all the way back to the Stockton & Darlington in 1825 and includes an account of an accident caused by workmen in L'pool in 1835 "carelessly leaving planks of wood on the line."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.